Senior Producer, Rapid Response
WaitWhat is creating the most valuable independent portfolio of premium content IP that elevates human potential.
Downloaded more than 130 million times, WaitWhat’s media properties have defined new genres in the areas of business (Masters of Scale with Reid Hoffman, Rapid Response with Bob Safian), wellness (Meditative Story) and creativity (Spark & Fire). In everything WaitWhat creates, it aims to share hard-won wisdom from the most iconic people of day, to newer voices, sparking curiosity and helping us live at the top of our potential.
WaitWhat’s approach to content is unique in the industry, with a passion for inventing new business models and building inventive partnerships.
About Rapid Response:
The pace of change in business and culture is unprecedented. So what is most important to pay attention to if you want to successfully innovate, create, and lead? Rapid Response is the essential guide to what matters in a business world changing faster than ever. Hosted by veteran business journalist Bob Safian (Fast Company, Time, Fortune), Rapid Response gives aspiring and active business leaders alike the knowledge, perspective, and mindset they need today to be successful.
Anchored by candid conversations with leaders and entrepreneurs who are navigating real-time challenges, Rapid Response combines insight and strategic lessons to help us all act with near-term confidence and long-term impact.
Rapid Response began as a special series within the Masters of Scale feed. We are preparing to spin off Rapid Response as its own podcast – in audio and video – increasing its frequency to 2-3 times per week, with the goal of evolving it into a daily podcast.
About the role:
The Rapid Response Senior Producer is a creative, collaborative swiss army knife, ready-to-dive-in producer who is a key part of managing creative, content and production.
The Senior Producer will take ownership and responsibility for Rapid Response; playing a vital role in guest booking, idea-generating and production, helping innovate on the format; and is a teammate of a creative cross-disciplinary team. This role is an ideal fit for someone who is passionate about business impact and business news, with curiosity about emerging and seasoned executives who are leading through global crises, industry disruption, cultural shifts and cutting-edge tech innovation.
The Senior Producer will report to the EP of Masters of Scale, and will manage a small but mighty team dedicated to Rapid Response.
- Together with host, lead the show editorially, from episode topics, guest curation, and interview structure to themes, formats and specials
- Manage production workflow, release schedule, and show budget
- With support of production team, book, research, prep, record and edit interviews for audio
- Oversee video editor, giving editorial direction and feedback
- Collaborate with marketing team on preparing social media and promotional assets for the show
- Lead communication on booking and recording logistics with guests and their teams
- Contribute editorial feedback to help fine tune show segments; give notes to mix engineer
- Participate in creative ideation, brainstorming and supporting general WaitWhat workshops
- Onboard new Rapid Response team members
- Work alongside video, design, technology, events, audience engagement and all WaitWhat teams on content creation, production, management, and promotion
- Support the Executive Producer of Masters of Scale in sharing Rapid Response updates with the team; new content, data and goals, and budget
- Be service-oriented with internal and external partners
- Bring a constructive mindset to all aspects of your job. This includes: ‘No job too big or too small’, ‘all hands on deck’ and ‘we can find a way’ mentality