Integrated Marketing Manager
WaitWhat is creating the most valuable independent portfolio of premium content IP that elevates human potential.
Downloaded more than 130 million times, WaitWhat’s media properties have defined new genres in the areas of business (Masters of Scale with Reid Hoffman), wellness (Meditative Story) and creativity (Spark & Fire). In everything WaitWhat creates, it aims to share hard-won wisdom from the most iconic people of day, to newer voices, sparking curiosity and helping us live at the top of our potential.
WaitWhat’s approach to content is unique in the industry, with a passion for inventing new business models and building inventive partnerships. Learn more about WaitWhat >>
WaitWhat is looking for an Integrated Marketing Manager, who will develop and execute successful growth marketing and audience engagement strategies across multiple initiatives. As part of our Audience Development and Growth team, the Integrated Marketing Manager will help lead WaitWhat’s strategy and execution to curate audiences and drive growth across WaitWhat’s flagship media properties – with a sharp focus on Masters of Scale and its event programs.
A large part of this role will be leading the marketing and attendee communications for Masters of Scale Summit, WaitWhat’s annual gathering of 800 hand-selected leaders representing today’s most fast-scaling, future-facing organizations – ranging from early stage “unicorn” startups to change-agent nonprofits and innovative Fortune 500 companies. These responsibilities encompass driving the initial event marketing and outreach, managing strategic relationships with event partners, leading attendee communications, and building dedicated engagement strategies for audience cohorts.
The ideal candidate is a natural storyteller and savvy copywriter who leverages data-driven insights to finesse and tailor marketing initiatives. Reporting to the Director, Audience Development and Growth, this role will work closely to align on strategies with cross-functional partners before executing deliverables, as well as track and report on ongoing progress and seek innovative ways to accomplish aggressive growth goals.
As Integrated Marketing Manager, you will help drive the marketing, strategy, communications, and experience for WaitWhat’s event programs in the following areas:
Marketing and Strategy
- Set promotion and registration strategy for virtual, in-person and livestream events, including Strategy Sessions and Masters of Scale Summit; oversee attendee communications for each both in the lead-up and post-event.
- Build strategic audience segmentation and integrated email marketing campaigns tailored to specific event strategies. Create and execute campaigns to drive event registration and deliver on attendance goals.
- Partner with internals teams, including design and editorial, to oversee the deliverables of event promotional materials.
- Work with teams to create KPIs, then track, report, and present data-driven recommendations for targeting and growing our audiences, while also creating community engagement across events.
- Collaborate with the live events team to test drive new event models that drive audience growth goals across WaitWhat initiatives, including but not limited to: webinars, live virtual events, third party events, partner events, and seminars.
Communications and Experience
- Compose clear, thoughtful, and compelling copy for event marketing materials, from invitation language to website landing page copy, to in-app messaging.
- Oversee the integration of a third party events registration platform and app solution, from set-up to content creation to audience data transfer.
- Liaise with all Masters of Scale Summit event attendees as needed, ensuring their registration and pre-event needs are met in advance of the October 2024 event date; this role will represent WaitWhat as the initial point of contact, providing information and exemplary customer service at our most visible event.
- Work alongside the Alliances team to manage partner event relationships tied to audience engagement and growth, such as Strategy Sessions and curated Summit dinner events.
- Support the Masters of Scale Summit Ecosystem partnership model, working to arrange small custom dinners onsite in San Francisco, curate guest lists based on theme and attendee profile, and communicate accordingly with partners and invited guests.
- 4+ years of experience with a proven track record in leveraging diverse channels and tactics to drive registration and attendance for in-person and virtual events.
- Ability to employ data-driven, digital-first strategies. You have experience analyzing and optimizing campaigns to drive results and hit aggressive growth goals. You are able to quickly learn and navigate new technologies.
- Superior communication skills, diplomacy, and positivity. You exemplify sophistication and infinite kindness with the right balance of resolve.
- Demonstrated advanced editorial craftsmanship, storytelling, and copywriting skills that are key in crafting compelling copy to engage audiences.
- Creative problem-solving skills. Undeterred by complexity or ambiguity, you enthusiastically pursue inventive solutions and are comfortable thinking outside the box.
- Confidence in executing tasks independently, working with remote team members, and interacting with senior executives, both internally and externally.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented. You are capable of managing multiple projects, relationships, and complex initiatives with an eye for nuance.
- An infinite-learner mindset. You’re curious, open-minded, and able to take direction. You thrive in a collaborative environment.
Nice to haves:
- Experience working on high-profile events that attract a prestigious audience of c-suite executives.
- Familiarity with CRMs and attendee registration systems, ideally Hubspot.
- Personal interest, curiosity and engagement in topical business news, including emerging technologies, marketing trends, and influential business leaders.
- Prior roles working in a fast-paced agency or start-up environment.
PLEASE SUBMIT BOTH A THOUGHTFUL COVER LETTER AND RESUME.
We are headquartered and have an office in NYC but the team is distributed around the country so unless you need to be in an office with your colleagues, we are open to hiring anywhere in the US. The salary range for this role is $90,000 - $110,000. This is the lowest to highest salary we reasonably and in good faith believe we would pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range, and the range may be modified in the future. An employee’s pay position within the salary range will be based on several factors including, but not limited to, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, performance, and business or organizational needs. Candidates with expectations outside of this range or experience outside of the requirements listed are still encouraged to apply as there may be other positions that could be a fit.
We offer a benefits package that’s generous and competitive with larger companies. Benefits include unlimited vacation subject to manager approval, healthcare (PPO, vision and dental), short- and long-term disability, life insurance, and 401(k). We work startup hours, but we also rest. We’re an equal opportunity organization, committed to equity and diversity of all kinds — on our team, among our investors, and as represented on our media properties. Kindness and honesty are hallmarks of our culture and critical filters in our hiring process.