Head Teacher - Pre-School - Brooklyn, New York
Who We Are
Vivvi is not your typical preschool, and we're certainly not just another daycare! We’re reinventing child care and early learning for today’s families and creating opportunities for educators to do what they love (and feel valued while they’re doing it). Join the Vivvi teaching community to help build the exceptional program children deserve while pursuing your own professional growth and development.
About The Role
As a Head Teacher, you'll:
- Ensure the well-being and development of preschool-aged children
- Dream up rich, thematic units that foster children’s curiosity and help them achieve key individual and age-appropriate milestones
- Lead planning and implementation of inquiry-based activities and curriculum tailored towards children’s developmental growth
- Engage with and enrich children using positive language, loving care, and interactive play
- Proactively communicate with parents regarding their children’s development and growth
- Closely supervise children and adhere to robust health and safety protocols
Apply Today If You:
- Enjoy working with young learners, and see every child as infinitely capable
- Believe every family deserves access to world-class child care that meets their needs
- Have 3-5 years of experience working in a Head Teacher capacity
- Hold a Master’s Degree in Early Childhood or Child Development with New York State Initial or Permanent Early Childhood Certification in N-6 or B-2 or a Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education or related field with New York State Early Childhood Initial or Permanent Certification or in a work-study program
- Value and create trusting relationships with children, families, and colleagues
- Are already or are willing to be CPR and First Aid certified
- Are fully vaccinated against COVID
What We Offer:
Competitive Compensation and Benefits: Our Lead Preschool Teachers earn salaries from $45,000-$65,000 based on level of education and experience. Full time employees also receive benefits including tuition reimbursement, health, vision, and dental insurance, retirement savings, and commuter benefits.
Child-Centered Approach: Our educators facilitate each child’s success by observing their interests and developing a curriculum inspired by their curiosity. Learn more about our teaching philosophy here https://vivvi.com/programs
State-of -the-Art Facilities: Our campuses are purposefully designed to offer endless opportunities for learning and discovery.
Employee Development: We offer financial support for ongoing education through tuition reimbursement, as well as robust onboarding training, ongoing professional development days, and individual coaching and feedback. We also love to promote from within and are committed to helping our colleagues achieve their career goals at Vivvi!
To be considered, applicants must be based in or willing to relocate to NY. Candidates must also possess independent US work authorization.
Physical demands of this position include but are not limited to sitting and standing for extended periods, bending at the waist, reaching overhead, and frequently moving or lifting children weighing up to 50 pounds unassisted. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation should contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Determinations will be made on a case-by-case basis.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, or other characteristics protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.