Sr Software Engineer, Android
At Twin Health, we empower people to reverse, prevent and improve chronic metabolic diseases. Twin Health invented The Whole Body Digital Twin™ , a dynamic representation of each individual’s unique metabolism, built from thousands of data points collected daily via non-invasive sensors and self-reported preferences. The Whole Body Digital Twin delivers a new standard of care, empowering physicians and patients to make personalized data-driven decisions.
Our team is passionate, talented, and driven by our purpose to improve the health and happiness of our members. Our culture empowers each Twin to do what’s needed to create value for our customers and our company, and enjoy their experience at work. Twin Health was awarded Innovator of the Year by Employer Health Innovation Roundtable (EHIR) (out of 358 companies), named to the 2021 CB Insights Digital Health 150, and recognized by Built In's 2022 Best Places To Work Awards. In October 2021, Twin Health announced its Series C funding round of $155M, led by ICONIQ Growth, enabling us to scale services in the U.S. and globally, helping to solve the global chronic metabolic disease health crisis. We have recently announced broad and growing partnerships with premier employers, such as Blackstone and Berkshire Hathaway. We are building the company you always wished you worked for. Join us in revolutionizing healthcare and building the most impactful digital health company in the world!
Excited to join us and do your part in improving people’s health and happiness?
About The Job
- In this role, you will be a lead, mentor and cross-functional Lead who helps impact multiple teams, with ownership and responsibility for leading major initiatives around app architecture, design and infrastructure
- Collaboration with product managers, other teams, and both internal and external stakeholders, owning a large part of the process from problem understanding to shipping the solution
- Shipping high-quality solutions with urgency
- Able to drive architectural decisions on Android and iOS
- Develop and drive Android, and Flutter best practices across the organization
- Championing Android: educating colleagues about the subtleties & unique capabilities of the platform and leveraging them when building new features
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field.
- 8+ years of professional hands-on mobile development experience.
- 4+ years of production-level Android development experience using Kotlin.
- 2+ years of production-level Flutter development experience.
- Demonstrated experience leading and managing a team of Android developers.
- In-depth knowledge of Android SDK, Kotlin, Java, and Android Studio.
- Experience in Android features like Rx Java, MVP / MVVM, Data Binding, Broadcast Receivers, GCM, JobScheduler, Sqlite, Handlers, Looper, Loaders, Content Providers, OkHttp, Retrofit, EventBus etc
Android Jetpack: Compose, Navigation, roomdb, coroutines and flow.
- Good experience with writing unit tests, preferably TDD and BDD
- Thorough knowledge of the mobile application development process, including conceiving, planning, documenting, and leading large, application projects.
- Good understanding of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Familiarity with REST/GraphQL APIs and integrating backend services into Android applications.
- Understanding of iOS and Backend systems is a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Passion for staying up-to-date with the latest advancements in Android development.