Supply and Demand Planning Manager
We are Starface
Starface World is reinventing the way we care for acne-prone skin as the first complexion brand to combine efficacy and optimism. We take skincare concerns that were once thought of as flaws and translate them into an opportunity for expression.
Starface World is a positively uplifting place where everyone is safe & accepted exactly as they are. We support causes and do our own work in the world to help build a better, more supportive universe. The same thinking applies to the way we care for skin: we don’t identify flaws or imperfections; we just nurture what’s there—it’s perfect because it’s all just skin.
Our team is a small (but growing) group of committed individuals who are passionate, empathetic, creative, and eager to learn. We are committed to a sustained focus on diversity, equity, anti-racism, and inclusion.
Your Impact at Starface
The Manager of Supply and Demand Planning will report to the Senior Manager of S&OP and New Product Development and will support the global supply chain for Starface by collecting and synthesizing data to create comprehensive demand forecasts, detailed production and procurement plans, and schedules for upcoming launch products. This individual will interface closely with individuals across the organization (operations, product development, retail, and finance) to understand business priorities and ensure the demand and supply plans are aligned with business objectives. At times this individual may also be called upon to support new product development tasks when needed.
We will count on you to:
- Create, maintain, and analyze reports from a variety of internal and external sources to assist in forecasting and strategy decisions for retail and DTC
- Assist with the development and maintenance of the rolling demand and supply forecasts for catalog SKUs and for new product launches in alignment with sales, marketing, and revenue targets
- Dollarize the demand plan using average selling price and present demand plan summary in executive meetings on a monthly basis
- Proactively identify inventory risk and ops by analyzing retail and shipment sales trends
- Independently analyze and interpret trends and variations from expectations and provide key insights and interpretations to manager
- Work with cross functional partners to provide insight that will assist in decision-making that impacts company profitability
- Maintain and evolve sales and inventory reporting
- Monitor monthly forecast error and bias for each channel, customer, and network node. Identify and highlight to management major sources of error and provide recommendations for remediation.
- Proactively identify items that are in an excess stock position and/or that have upcoming expiration dates. Provide recommendations on ways to reduce inventory levels
- Analyze sales promotions and identify what worked, what didn’t, and provide recommendations for future opportunities
- Generate supply plan and purchase plan requirements that align with demand forecast, leadtimes, and supplier capacity
- Create gap analysis and recommendations when demand / supply plan is not supportable
- Balance inventory levels across distribution centers; review safety stock levels quarterly and make recommendations to support business needs
Who we are looking for
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Business, or Engineering
- 3 – 5 years of experience in demand and supply planning
- Strong knowledge of end-to-end supply chain and competency using ERP systems and forecasting software (Forecast Pro and NetSuite are a plus)
- Has a deep understanding of supply chain operational concepts surrounding planning, purchasing, and inventory control
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent organization skills, ability to prioritize multiple tasks, exceptional attention to detail, highly autonomous
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong data and analytical skills
- Has the ability to thrive in an environment of change while demonstrating high level of business agility
- Ability to analyze and act upon information quickly as well as identify improvements and implement changes as needed
- Thrives in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment and is comfortable building processes from scratch and working with ambiguity
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
- Strong collaboration skills; ability to partner cross-functionally on key initiatives
- Experience with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Docs
- Willingness to work on administrative tasks and “no task is too small” attitude
Salary and Benefits:
- Remote team
- Compensation for this role is $85,000 to $110,000 depending on experience
- Current benefits include:
- Access to high-quality health care options
- Access to a 401k with 5% employer match
- 4 weeks of vacation plus 15 paid holidays
- Maternity, Paternity, and Pet-ternity options
- Home office stipend
If you need any assistance with your application please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Something looks off?