Senior Manager, Operations, Logistics & Systems Management
We are Starface
Starface World is reinventing the way we care for acne-prone skin as the first complexion brand to combine efficacy and optimism. We take skincare concerns that were once thought of as flaws and translate them into an opportunity for expression.
Starface World is a positively uplifting place where everyone is safe & accepted exactly as they are. We support causes and do our own work in the world to help build a better, more supportive universe. The same thinking applies to the way we care for skin: we don’t identify flaws or imperfections, we just nurture what’s there—it’s perfect because it’s all just skin.
Our team is a small (but growing) group of committed individuals who are passionate, empathetic, creative, and eager to learn. We are committed to a sustained focus on diversity, equity, anti-racism, and inclusion.
Your Impact at Starface
The Senior Manager of Operations, Logistics, & Systems Management will be responsible for executing the Logistics and Operations strategy and ensuring the various operations systems are optimized to support the department activity. Responsibilities will include movement of products from manufacturers to 3rd party warehouses to customers while maintaining system integration integrity, optimizing order fulfillment in the ecommerce, marketplace, and business-to-business channels, identifying and driving cost saving opportunities, and ensuring service level agreements are achieved. This role will also oversee all transportation along the Starface supply chain nodes, manage transportation and fulfillment related costs, and drive supply chain optimization. The individual in this position will be the face of Operations and Logistics with external partners including DC teams, retailers, suppliers and with internal Starface teams such as finance, retail, and marketing. In addition, this individual will be accountable for managing and overseeing the various operations systems and integrations to make certain data is exchanged accurately and without error. This role will report to the Senior Director of Operations & Logistics.
We will count on you to…
Freight & Transportation Management:
- Pull shipment data for both inbound and outbound shipments and perform complex analyses such as cost savings research, sourcing studies, and demand studies
- Arrange domestic and international shipments of both primary components and finished goods with freight forwarders, analyzing data and implementing processes to ensure the most eco-friendly and economical movement of product
- Create effective communication tools and/or platforms for inventory shipments status catered to various internal stakeholders and their needs
- Act as the secondary or backup contact for daily communication with key partners (carriers, brokers, freight forwarders)
- Select carriers and/or freight forwarders, manage relationship, measure performance with key metrics including service, cost, reliability, damages and claims
- Manage inventory losses as a result of transportation by determining causes, filing insurance claims, and implementing appropriate change
- Develop and maintain SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures), vendor guidelines, routing guides, and all other reference/training documents
- Establish operations & logistics best practices, tools, and processes across inbound and outbound flows to optimize efficiency and department performance
- Evaluate opportunities within current system infrastructure and softwares to maximize capability, utilization, & efficiency
- Drive continuous improvements to the 3PL warehouse fulfillment processes to decrease costs, increase fulfillment turnaround time, and ensure on time delivery in full
- Work with the accounting team to derive physical inventory count procedure and execute the physical inventory count at each inventory holding location
- Act as logistics and operations point person for all supplier and retailer onboarding activities
- Support and/or lead department projects as needed to support business activity
- Act as the secondary or backup contact for daily communication with key partners (3PL warehouses/distribution centers)
Software, Systems, Integrations:
- Function as Ops Department expert for all logistics and operations systems including but not limited to NetSuite, 3PL WMS, 3PL customer facing portals, and EDI connections
- Monitor all error reports and address any system errors and anomalies that impact daily operations; develop error resolution KPIs
- Identify training needs within the Logistics and Operations department and create training materials to strengthen expertise across the department
- Act as project manager for new EDI setup and/or new integration initiatives; establish project roadmap and ensure stakeholders execute all tasks on-time
- Coordinate User Acceptance Testing and propose test plans for new integrations
Who We are Looking For
- 7+ years of experience working in supply chain, logistics, and/or operations
- Thorough understanding of supply chain operational concepts surrounding production planning, purchasing, inventory control, freight logistics, 3PL warehouse operations, and shipping/receiving
- In-depth knowledge of warehouse management systems, database management, logistics systems, ERP systems (NetSuite experience is a plus), EDI (TrueCommerce and/or Transalis is a plus), system error troubleshooting, and advanced Excel capabilities
- Experience with EDI setup and systems integrations, advanced analytics and data reporting capabilities
- Data-driven with strong quantitative skills and ability to evaluate financial and business indicators and translate data into actionable steps to drive business performance
- Ability to work in fast-paced, ever-changing, collaborative, start-up environment both independently and cross-functionally, as well as balance long term business goals with short term needs
Salary & Benefits
- Remote Team
- Compensation for this role is $105 - $135k depending on experience
- Current benefits include:
- Access to high-quality health care options
- Access to a 401k with 5% employer match
- 4 weeks of vacation plus 15 paid holidays
- Maternity, Paternity, and Pet-ternity options
- Home office stipend
If you need any assistance with your application please contact email@example.com.
Something looks off?