Senior Manager, Retail Marketing
WE ARE STARFACE
Starface World is reinventing the way we care for acne-prone skin as the first complexion brand to combine efficacy and optimism. We take skincare concerns that were once thought of as flaws and translate them into an opportunity for expression.
Starface World is a positively uplifting place where everyone is safe & accepted exactly as they are. We support causes and do our own work in the world to help build a better, more supportive universe. The same thinking applies to the way we care for skin: we don’t identify flaws or imperfections, we just nurture what’s there—it’s perfect because it’s all just skin.
Our team is a small (but growing) group of committed individuals who are passionate, empathetic, creative, and eager to learn. We are committed to a sustained focus on diversity, equity, anti-racism, and inclusion.
YOUR IMPACT AT STARFACE
Starface is seeking a Senior Manager, Retail Marketing to help us as we lift Starface World up into new heights. The Senior Manager of Retail Marketing is a strategic, tactical, and analytical cross-functional role within our Marketing organization. In this role, you’ll take ownership of and support all aspects of retail marketing: evaluating marketing analytics to optimize our marketing engine, onboarding new accounts, building a retail marketing strategy, partnering with our retail and agency partners to strengthen existing retail accounts, and more as we expand our retail footprint in 2024 and beyond.
The right candidate for this role has the right balance of analytical thinking and emotional intelligence. We are seeking an exceptional presenter, story-teller, and project manager with experience working cross-functionally for brands in the mass retail space.
At Starface, we’re caring, joyful, bold, and resilient. We love quirky people who defy convention and welcome an attitude of exploration into the bold and creative both in our marketing efforts externally and internally. If all of this resonates with you so far, keep reading!
WE WILL COUNT ON YOU TO
- Partner cross functionally with our Creative, Product, Social, Brand, Operations, Retail, and leadership team to support all aspects of retail marketing and growth, from operations to strategy to execution
- Evaluate and translate analytical data into clear storytelling and actionable insights; partner with finance and sales to develop marketing strategies accordingly
- Collaborate with marketing team counterparts to understand and execute on marketing opportunities, such as new launch go-to-market plans, e-retail, sampling, in-store events, and more
- Work closely with our retail team to make sure our marketing calendar and processes are aligned with business strategy and goals
- Participate in broker/agency and retail buyer calls; support all briefing in creative, decks, social media marketing needs for our retailers
- Develop retailer brand pitch decks for new accounts as well as existing partner accounts during key points in the year (e.g. new product launches, line reviews)
- Own and execute the briefing process for all retail-related creative needs
- Conduct competitive analysis, and be an internal voice of expertise on the current pulse, trends, and commentary in retail
- Maintain and help develop the retail master calendar, working closely with cross functional teams to ensure all projects are executed in a streamlined, organized, and timely way
- Support the retail sales and account management team in successfully onboarding new accounts
- Make crucial impact in our efforts to continue to grow our existing retail accounts, drive revenue, continue to add new products and categories, and onboard and expand new accounts
THIS ROLE IS FOR YOU IF
- You have at least 5+ years experience in retail marketing
- You have a track record of successfully leading retail marketing initiatives including e-retail, digital & in-store campaign
- You’re always up-to-date with knowledge of retail trends and a strong pulse on commentary
- You understand how to drive traffic and conversion across omnichannel marketing
- You’re a bridge-builder across teams - in other words, you understand how to work cross functionally and get results
- You have experience building effective pitch decks for line reviews, new product launches, and new retail sales efforts
- You have excellent presentation skills (in-person and virtually), and track record with winning available on-shelf opportunities and/or selling in NPD for existing and new retail accounts
- You’re a creative thinker - you’re excited by the idea of pushing boundaries and bringing bold/never-been-done ideas to the table
- You have a passion for brand storytelling and growing with a small (but mighty!) team and brand
- You’re highly organized and can own attention to detail within a fast, paced, ever-changing, ambiguous startup environment
- You have excellent communication skills, and can succinctly deliver important updates on retail accounts or retail calendar updates across teams
- While you can do the scrappy day-to-day work well, you’re also a strategic thinker you can help build and own retail marketing strategy for the brand while managing the retail marketing calendar across the business
- You’re excited by the process of collaborating creative teams to bring best in class, unprecedented visions to life
- You’ve got a quirky and convention-defying mindset
- Experience in the beauty/skincare space is a huge plus!
SALARY & BENEFITS
- The compensation range for this role is a $104,000-$140,000 base depending on level of experience, as well as bonus eligibility and company stock options.
- Additional benefits include:
- Access to high-quality health care options
- Access to a 401k with 5% employer match eligibility
- 4 weeks of vacation plus 17 paid holidays
- Home office & internet supplement stipend
- Fully remote work environment
Starface is an Equal Opportunity Employer where the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates. We believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Starface is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.