VP, Retail Sales and Account Management
WE ARE STARFACE
Starface World is reinventing the way we care for acne-prone skin as the first complexion brand to combine efficacy and optimism. We take skincare concerns that were once thought of as flaws and translate them into an opportunity for expression.
Starface World is a positively uplifting place where everyone is safe & accepted exactly as they are. We support causes and do our own work in the world to help build a better, more supportive universe. The same thinking applies to the way we care for skin: we don’t identify flaws or imperfections, we just nurture what’s there—it’s perfect because it’s all just skin.
Our team is a small (but growing) group of committed individuals who are passionate, empathetic, creative, and eager to learn. We are committed to a sustained focus on diversity, equity, anti-racism, and inclusion.
YOUR IMPACT AT STARFACE
We are looking for a VP of Retail Sales and Account Management to partner with the President, founders and leadership team to develop, lead and execute the Retail new business and existing account management strategy for the organization. The VP of Sales and Account Management will be directly responsible for expanding our retail business into new doors and new retailers to fuel our topline growth. They will also maintain relationships with brokers and buyers to drive healthy year over year growth in each account and partner with marketing to drive new revenue opportunities.
The VP of Retail Sales and Account Management is an entrepreneurial relationship builder who will relentlessly pursue new opportunities for the business while managing and growing all current accounts. The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment and has a “no task is too small” attitude.
WE WILL COUNT ON YOU TO DO
- Own the revenue growth and topline sales numbers for all retail relationships including new business and upsell opportunities within new accounts
- Identify new retailers and markets domestically and internationally that are a strong fit for the Starface business
- Develop comprehensive analyses for senior leadership team and founders to present the opportunities, risks, and implementation plans for new business opportunities
- Show up in the right places to build Starface’s profile and build new relationships including trade shows, conferences, etc.
- Lead, develop, and maintain highly productive relationships with new account stakeholders and retail partners
- Partner with CMO to customize and prepare pitches and line review presentations for retail buyers to pitch Starface and suggest retail marketing strategies and build plans against those strategies
- Develop, coach and lead account management function to ensure all accounts are thriving
- Manage weekly sell-thru reporting, highlighting overperforming and underperforming SKUs and creating action plans as well as analyzing data for demand planning.
- Track KPIs for our various retail channels, providing input on sales targets, KPIs and expenses, in partnership with cross functional leadership teams.
- Secure additional in-store space and in-store brand exposure.
- Oversee preparation and execution of all line reviews to expand existing accounts
- Ensure all day-to-day operations of our retail channels in the US and UK are maintained.
- Build and maintain relationships with our retail partners and sales agencies, serving as liaison between retailers and the rest of Starface team.
- Work with Starface Operations and Starface’s fulfillment centers to oversee order fulfillment and retail routing compliance.
- Coordinate with Marketing team and retailers to launch in-store and online marketing initiatives and promotional events.
- Work with Product and Operations teams on timelines to determine retail launch timings for new products and inventory forecasts.
- Oversee electronic data interchange (EDI) integrations with retailers and fulfillment centers.
- Lead the coordination, administration and communication of retail specific programs, initiatives, projects, processes or other information across all Starface teams.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- 10+ years of relevant experience, including specific experience in business development for consumer packaged goods in a mass retail environment
- Track record of exceeding goals and driving results. You are action oriented, and actively identify and seize new opportunities.
- Existing network within the retail field including buyers and brokers
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Strong analytical and financial acumen
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills
- Strong leadership, influence, organizational and project management skills
- Strategic thinker
- Passion for skincare!
Salary and Benefits
- The compensation for this role is a $185,000-225,000 base depending on level of experience, and includes bonus eligibility and company stock options.
- Current benefits include:
- Access to high-quality health care options.
- Access to a 401k with 5% employer match
- 4 weeks of vacation plus 17 paid holidays
- Home office stipend
- Fully Remote work environment
If you need any assistance with your application please contact email@example.com
Starface is an Equal Opportunity Employer where the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates. We believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Starface is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.