Senior Product Manager, Data Foundations
Our mission: to eliminate every barrier to mental health.
Spring Health is a comprehensive mental health solution for employers and health plans. Unlike any other solution, we use clinically validated technology called Precision Mental Healthcare to pinpoint and deliver exactly what will work for each person — whether that’s meditation, coaching, therapy, medication, and beyond.
Today, Spring Health equips over 800 companies, from start-ups to multinational Fortune 500 corporations, as a leading and preferred mental health service. Companies like J.P. Morgan Chase & Co., Microsoft, J.B. Hunt, Bumble, and Instacart use the Spring Health platform to provide mental health services to thousands of their team members globally. We have raised over $370 million from prominent investors including Kinnevik, Tiger Global, Northzone, RRE Ventures, and many more. Thanks to their partnership, our current valuation has reached $2.5 billion.
Spring Health is looking for a Product Manager to join the Data Foundation team, working with Engineering, Data Science, Product, Dev Ops, and Information Security to create a world class mental healthcare experience for our Members. This individual will be responsible for assisting the Data Foundation program and maintain and upgrade Spring Health’s data infrastructure to quantify every part of the business through its high-performing, scalable, and secure analytic environment.
What you'll be doing:
- Develop and manage programs and products within the data foundations domain, ensuring timely execution and delivery of key initiatives
- Collaborate closely with engineering, data science, and business stakeholders to define and prioritize data-related features and enhancements
- Evangelize a data-driven culture, advocating for best practices in data modeling and governance
- Assist in the implementation of innovative solutions that enable unprecedented scale and automation in a well-defined project and program plan
- Coordinate with operations leads to ensure an operations team roadmap that anticipates and leverages the new user features
- Drive prioritization consensus across business teams and serve as an effective liaison between stakeholders and engineering
- Ensure backlog is groomed and epics / stories are sufficiently detailed for development
- Set priorities for the development team
- Work with engineering team to resolve bottlenecks to help deliver final system deliverables
- Coordinate and facilitate activities with cross functional teams for initiatives that are cross functional in nature
- Review and report on progress for initiatives/projects, managing project risks - including the development of contingency plans
- Measure, report and continuously improve scrum team's effectiveness via mentoring and coaching
What we expect from you:
Ideal Candidate Profile:
- 5+ years of product or program management, information management, and/or statistics experience with digital analytics, data collection, data aggregation, data infrastructure
- 2+ years of experience working with modern web technologies
- Experience implementing a Master patient Index
- Strong technical expertise in data modeling and database management
- Technical savvy, including hands-on knowledge/skill of system integration, databases and business intelligence
- Some experience with SQL to assist troubleshoot and diagnose data infrastructure issues
- Experience in healthcare,data modeling, and/or data engineering
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written. Must be able to communicate optimally and expertly with users, team members and leads
- Excellent communication, organizational, and collaboration skills
- Self starter with bias toward delivery and business outcomes
- Strong decision making and prioritization skills
- Aptitude for understanding, digesting, and analyzing sophisticated systems integrations
- Agile experience (Scrum Master, Product Owner, Program Manager, Project Manager)
- Ability to perform business requirements analysis and design
- Exceptional team player skills, follows up with team members and stakeholders, and takes initiative to anticipate and solve problems
- Capability to identify and mitigate development and implementation risks
- Fast learner and a team player
- Understanding of project or program management best practices, including agile development environments
- The ability to get things done, and deal with ambiguity
- Experience working with cross-functional stakeholders in a business environment
- Demonstrated success at driving innovation using analytical and quantitative capabilities
- Position may require occasional travel
- Make sure its saas
- Previous experience as a software engineer in industry
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
- Experience with CI/CD processes and release management
- Proven track record of delivering technology products/services in a high growth environment
- Experience in an entrepreneurial environment where goals are often ambitious, and the environment evolves rapidly
- Ability to tell the story of the value that is currently in your backlog or roadmap.
- Confidence and experience presenting to all audiences
The target salary range for this position is $159,100 - 194,150, and is part of a competitive total rewards package including stock options, benefits, and incentive pay for eligible roles. Individual pay may vary from the target range and is determined by a number of factors including experience, location, internal pay equity, and other relevant business considerations. We review all employee pay and compensation programs annually at minimum to ensure competitive and fair pay.
Don’t meet every requirement? Studies have shown that women, communities of color and historically underrepresented talent are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Spring Health we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we strongly encourage you to apply. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles!
Ready to do the most impactful work of your life? Learn more about our values, how we work, and how hypergrowth meets impact at Spring Health: Our Values
Hypergrowth meets impact
What to expect working here:
- You will be held accountable to an exceptionally high bar and impact
- This may be the fastest work environment you will ever experience in terms of growth, decision-making, and time to impact
- You will be challenged to set and protect your own boundaries
- You will create processes & products that have never existed before
- You will have very direct conversations and receive continuous feedback to push you to become the highest performer you can be
- Change is a constant here: your role, team, responsibilities, and success metrics will shift as the company grows
- You get to be surrounded by some of the brightest minds in the field
- You get to learn and grow at an extremely accelerated pace
- You will experience transparency, integrity, & humility from leadership
- You will be empowered to constantly challenge the status quo
- You get the space to experiment & innovate
- You get to make a transformational impact for the company, mental health, and for real human lives — and you will see that impact quickly
- You will become more resourceful and resilient
- You get to be part of a winning team that opens doors in the future
Benefits provided by Spring Health:
Your Total Health:
- Generous medical, dental, vision coverage available day 1 + access to One Medical
- 20 total yearly no-cost visits to the Spring Health network of therapists, coaches, and medication management providers for you and your dependents
- Flexible paid time off in addition to 12 paid holidays throughout the year
- $500 per year Wellness Reimbursement
- Access to Gympass, an on-demand virtual benefit that provides wellbeing coaching, and budget management.
- Spring Health provides access to QuitGenius, a platform with technology-tailored, personalized addiction treatment plans for substance use (*QG is available to benefit-enrolled employees, spouses, and dependents age 18+)
- Sabbatical Leave: When you’re a Team Member at Spring Health and hit your four-year Springaversary, you’ll be awarded a four week, fully paid, sabbatical leave.
You And Your family:
- 4-4.5 months of fully paid parental leave
- Spring Health provides team members and their families with sponsored access to Bright Horizons® child care, back-up care, and elder care.
- Access to Joshin is provided by Spring Health. Joshin is a comprehensive support system for disabilities and neurodivergence in the workplace. This benefit supports employees, their families, and our teams through personalized navigation and disability education and training along with a network of screened in-home caregivers with disability and neurodivergent experience.
- Access to fertility care support through Carrot, in addition to $4,000 reimbursement for related fertility expenses
Supporting you financially through:
- Our People team benchmarks all salaries using the Radford Global Compensation Database for technology and life sciences industries. Radford benchmarks salaries with 3,589 global firms, 6.5 million employees, and 98 countries across the globe. We do this to ensure all of our team members are paid equally and competitively.
- On top of competitive and benchmarked salary, Spring Health offers incentive pay (based on role), and equity that begins vesting as we celebrate your first year with the company!
- Employer sponsored 401(k) match of up to 2% after 90 days of employment
Creating a culture you can thrive in:
- Flexible work arrangements: 60% of Spring Health team members work fully remote while 40% work in a hybrid model from our New York City offices
- Focus Fridays: no meetings, no distractions, just time for you to get work done.
- Focus Weeks: In Spring 2023, we held our first ever Focus Week, we canceled all non-essential meetings, minimized distractions, and you, our team members, to dive into the key work that gets chopped up or deprioritized during the regular day-to-day. We saw a 36% jump in the average energized score after those five days of flow state work and are finalizing a plan for quarterly Focus Weeks for team members.
- Up to $1,000 Professional Development Reimbursement per calendar year.
- $200 per year donation matching to support your favorite causes
Spring Health is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable legal requirements. Spring Health is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.