Temp Part-Time Inside Sales Representative
Season is a food-as-medicine platform that enables people with chronic conditions to eat well and live well. Patients who enroll with Season receive access to a registered dietitian and a clinical program, thousands of recipes tailored to their individual needs, integrated grocery delivery, affordable prepared meals, and a monthly food credit from their health plan. Season’s platform makes it possible to deliver food-as-medicine at massive scale to millions of people with chronic disease, improving their quality of life and delivering a positive ROI for health plans.
We are a remote-first startup with hubs in Austin and NYC. Season is a series-A stage business backed by Andreessen-Horowitz, LRV Health, 8VC, Bain Capital, Healthy.VC, and Grand Central Tech among others. Season recruits, employs, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law and as a matter of our company ethics.
About The Role
We are looking for a motivated, well-spoken, and results-driven temporary, part-time inside sales representative to join our team. As our first inside sales representative hire, you will communicate with leads, determine eligibility for our program, and enroll them. The ideal candidate will be able to close sales/new enrollments into our program and meet targets. You will work hand-in-hand with both our Customer Support and Marketing teams. You’ll report to our Director of Enterprise Marketing while working closely with Customer Support.
This role will work an estimated 24 hours per week (three 8-hour shifts). The initial contract for this role will be for 90 days, with a potential opportunity for expansion.
What You Will Do
- Make outbound cold calls and clearly articulate our program, answers questions, project confidence, and positivity, and overcome objections
- Guide members through the enrollment process and schedule their first appointment
- Follow-up with prospects via phone, SMS, or email
- Track progress made against call and conversion targets
- Capture learnings and opportunities for improvement with enrollment efforts
- Help implement improvements to existing processes and procedures
- Stay abreast of internal enrollment, product, and clinical updates to ensure seamless enrollment and accuracy of sales conversations
- 2-3 years of Inside Sales, call center, sales/Business Development, telephonic outreach, recruiting, or other similar experience (required)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; is able to communicate professionally with patients and customers
- Comfortable being on the phone throughout the day (required)
- Experience working in customer service is a plus
- The ability to understand and articulate the benefits of our program
- The ability to exercise judgment independently and voice noticeable issues or trends
- Strong problem-solving skills; able to identify problems and escalate when appropriate
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multitask
- Fluency in Google Sheets or Excel
- Passion for healthcare and affecting change in the current healthcare environment
- Strong proficiency in computer software navigation
- Ability to perform duties as assigned or requested
- Comfort in a dynamic and always-evolving startup environment
- A friendly, can-do attitude