re_ is a package-free grocery store designed to make it easier and more affordable to shop sustainably. To do better than recycling. To say no to plastic altogether.
We’re growing, and we’re looking for a Prep Cook to own day-to-day management and execution of re_ grocery’s private label bulk foods and packaged goods.
The ideal candidate will be a motivated self-starter that is resourceful, passionate about sustainability, and capable of handling multiple projects at a time.
We’re excited to build a movement around refill – celebrating delicious food, honest connections, and a shared appreciation of our planet. Our glass is always half full, and refillable!
What you'll do
- Execute product development for re_ grocery’s private label bulk goods
- Conduct thorough recipe testing and refinement to ensure products meet or exceed quality and taste expectations
- Manage food production costs effectively, making informed decisions to maintain affordability
- Stay updated with emerging food trends to innovate and improve product offerings
- Coordinate with the team on product needs, logistics and potential opportunities
- Work closely with CEO, General Manager and Store Leadership to manage product inventory, coordinate with staff, and collaborate on projects
What you'll need
- Part-time to start, 20 hours per week, with goal to make full-time position
- 3+ years of proven experience in kitchen or catering environment
- Culinary Degree - preferred but not required
- Strong knowledge of food safety standards and regulations
- Creative and innovative mindset with a passion for culinary exploration
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Access to commercial kitchen a HUGE PLUS!
- Must have authorization to work in the USA and be Los Angeles based
re_ grocery is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
re_ grocery complies with all applicable laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.