🧬 Senior Bioinformatics Scientist
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Friday, March 31, 2023
The Senior Bioinformatics Scientist will work closely with the CTO to design the core bioinformatics workflows at the heart of the company’s drug discovery engine. You will build robust automated bioinformatic pipelines, analyze massive datasets to drive new biological insights on disease mechanisms, and augment our database with public datasets. You will help biologists on our team analyze data to gain clinical insights. You will build and optimize the company’s bioinformatics pipelines for both preclinical discovery and clinical trial support, including working alongside the clinical team to support the processing of tens of thousands of samples.
Who We’re Looking For
- You have a Masters or PhD in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Computer Science, Physics or closely related disciplines and 2+ years of relevant work experience.
- You have excellent coding skills. You are fluent in Python, the Python data science ecosystem (pandas, numpy, and data visualization toolkits), know your way around SQL and the shell, and keep your code in Git or an equivalent DCVS
- You have strong experience with bioinformatics analysis, and have in-depth knowledge of a broad range of computational analytical tools and strategies to analyze "omics" datasets, such as microbiome or transcriptomics data.
- You have experience with working with large databases and data visualization, and you have a strong background with statistical methods, and are familiar with supervised and unsupervised learning algorithms.
- You have experience working in a cloud computing environment and are familiar with tools such as Docker or Conda, and workflow languages like Snakemake, Nextflow, or Cromwell.
- You thrive in ambiguous and constantly changing startup environments. You're comfortable with ambiguity and can adapt quickly to changes, and you have a track record of successfully delivering projects in a startup environment.
- You are mission driven. You like to see immediate impact on patients, want to have an impact on the team and the company, like to get your hands dirty, and are happy to go above and beyond.
- You are flexible and organized. You're detail oriented, you always document code and use version control, and enjoy working in a dynamic remote environment, with regular opportunities to convene in-person.
- You are entrepreneurial and collaborative. You are able to self-manage, tackle challenges, and are a great communicator, both verbal and written.
- You have thorough knowledge of microbiology.
Why Join Output Biosciences
By joining Output Biosciences, you’ll help shape the creation of a new category — preventative therapeutics — that will fundamentally change the way people live. You’ll be part of the early team pioneering a new era of drug development with unprecedented safety and speed to market. If you’re impatient to see how your work improves people’s lives and impacts the treatment and prevention of chronic disease, this is the place for you.
❤️ Heart: We foster a culture of ownership. We are assembling a team of individuals who are passionate and take pride in their contributions.
🏆 Excellence: We have an unwavering commitment to excellence and continuously challenge ourselves to reach the highest standards.
🚀 Practicality: We value practicality and results-oriented thinking. We are committed to making a tangible impact on the lives of our patients and the broader community.
📣 Honesty: We place a high value on honesty and directness. We firmly believe in addressing issues as they arise, in an open and transparent manner.
🎮 Fun: We believe that life is too short to not have fun. That's why we're committed to creating an engaging and enjoyable work environment. Our goal is to create a workplace that is fun, rewarding and fulfilling.
What We Offer
- We encourage new and different ideas, creativity and contrarian thinking. We are looking forward to further shaping our culture with early team members. You'll have a chance to make your mark!
- You own your day-to-day management. We don't care when or where you work, we care if we all hit our milestones.
- Competitive salary and equity in a growing, well-funded startup
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Healthy feedback focused environment to help you strive - leadership will have high expectations, regularly share constructive feedback, support you and help you grow, and welcome receiving feedback and ideas from you
Why you should join Output Biosciences
Output Biosciences is creating a new category of therapies that extend human healthspan by combating chronic diseases. We are pioneering a new era of therapeutics development with unprecedented safety and speed to market.
The company was founded by Mirella Mashiach, a former executive in big pharma who invested in and partnered with early-stage biotech startups, and Adi Mashiach, MD, a physician, computational biologist, and repeat founder with one successful acquisition and one NASDAQ IPO. We are proud to have the backing of world-class investors, including Y Combinator, First Round Capital, and Lerer Hippeau.
We are expanding our core team and seeking talented individuals who share our passion and commitment to making a tangible impact on people's lives.