🧑💻 Full Stack Engineer
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Friday, March 31, 2023
At Output Biosciences, we're seeking a highly skilled Full Stack Engineer to join our team and help build the core platform that powers our drug discovery engine. As a Full Stack Engineer, you'll collaborate with the Data and Engineering Team to create a scalable and robust production-grade system and develop an automated and user-interactive infrastructure to store and manage data from tens of thousands of samples. Additionally, you'll design a full-stack decentralized clinical trials platform and implement data processing strategies for our clinical trials.
Who We’re Looking For
- You have a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience, strong software engineering skills, and 3+ years of industry experience.
- You have strong coding skills with fluency in Python and experience in using Git or an equivalent DCVS.
- You have experience building and deploying data analysis and visualization pipelines on top of AWS using Dockerized workflows in Snakemake, Nextflow, Cromwell, or a similar workflow architecture.
- You have a mature mindset in ambiguous situations, helping to frame questions and seek clarity. At the same time, you can make decisions in the face of uncertainty.
- You have a passion for developing better therapeutics and a deep understanding of the therapeutics development cycle.
- You're driven to make an impact and have a desire to make a difference in patients' lives.
- You're flexible and organized and have an attention to detail. You're committed to documenting code and using version control, and you're comfortable working in a dynamic remote environment.
- You're collaborative and entrepreneurial and can self-manage. You're comfortable tackling challenges and can communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- You have previous experience in the application of machine learning to drug discovery.
- You have previously built bioinformatics pipelines.
Why Join Output Biosciences
By joining Output Biosciences, you’ll help shape the creation of a new category — preventative therapeutics — that will fundamentally change the way people live. You’ll be part of the early team pioneering a new era of drug development with unprecedented safety and speed to market. If you’re impatient to see how your work improves people’s lives and impacts the treatment and prevention of chronic disease, this is the place for you.
❤️ Heart: We foster a culture of ownership. We are assembling a team of individuals who are passionate and take pride in their contributions.
🏆 Excellence: We have an unwavering commitment to excellence and continuously challenge ourselves to reach the highest standards.
🚀 Practicality: We value practicality and results-oriented thinking. We are committed to making a tangible impact on the lives of our patients and the broader community.
📣 Honesty: We place a high value on honesty and directness. We firmly believe in addressing issues as they arise, in an open and transparent manner.
🎮 Fun: We believe that life is too short to not have fun. That's why we're committed to creating an engaging and enjoyable work environment. Our goal is to create a workplace that is fun, rewarding and fulfilling.
What We Offer
- We encourage new and different ideas, creativity and contrarian thinking. We are looking forward to further shaping our culture with early team members. You'll have a chance to make your mark!
- You own your day-to-day management. We don't care when or where you work, we care if we all hit our milestones.
- Competitive salary and equity in a growing, well-funded startup
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Healthy feedback focused environment to help you strive - leadership will have high expectations, regularly share constructive feedback, support you and help you grow, and welcome receiving feedback and ideas from you
Why you should join Output Biosciences
Output Biosciences is creating a new category of therapies that extend human healthspan by combating chronic diseases. We are pioneering a new era of therapeutics development with unprecedented safety and speed to market.
The company was founded by Mirella Mashiach, a former executive in big pharma who invested in and partnered with early-stage biotech startups, and Adi Mashiach, MD, a physician, computational biologist, and repeat founder with one successful acquisition and one NASDAQ IPO. We are proud to have the backing of world-class investors, including Y Combinator, First Round Capital, and Lerer Hippeau.
We are expanding our core team and seeking talented individuals who share our passion and commitment to making a tangible impact on people's lives.