Certified Medical Assistant - Athena Expertise Required
Midi Health is seeking an experienced, superstar Medical Assistant to join our fast-paced telehealth startup.
Who we are:
Midi Health is the only comprehensive virtual care clinic for women in midlife navigating perimenopause, menopause, and other common midlife health challenges. Our platform provides care designed by experts, scaled by technology, and delivered by trained and compassionate clinicians.
We accept most major PPO insurance products, and we offer convenient access to clinical care through telehealth visits, 24/7 messaging, and responsible prescribing of medications, supplements, and other therapies.
We’re passionately focused on improving the symptoms of women’s midlife hormone change because the current system too often leaves women misdiagnosed and undertreated. At Midi, we’re changing that.
Where we’re based:
We are an entirely virtual company, so employees can live anywhere in the United States.
- Maintain accurate patient records
- Demonstrate empathy and professionalism via all communication methods, including: phone, video, email, slack, text, and patient portal messages
- Complete prior authorizations
- Perform clinical administrative functions within scope of certification
- Following provider instructions, demonstrates accurate, timely, and efficient follow through with pharmacy refills, obtaining, reporting and tracking of lab results, medical records, leaving phone messages, and responding to patient messages
- Remain in compliance with HIPAA, and protect all patient health information (PHI) in accordance with Federal and state regulation
- Education: Medical Assistant Certification (AAMA or NCMA or RMA) required
- Minimum of five (5) years as a Medical Assistant in a telehealth environment
- Minimum of five (5) years working in a remote setting (preferred)
- Athena Super User (preferred)
- 5+ years using AthenaHealth (Athena) required
- Available to work M-F 8am-5pm Pacific Time with rotating weekends
Who you are:
You are resourceful, professional and display an outward positive attitude both internally and to patients. You work independently with minimal supervision, follow up or training. You’re a self-starter - you know what needs to be done and you take the initiative to remove obstacles to get there.