VP, Payment Delivery
- TIME 100 Most Influential Companies (2023)
- CNBC Disruptor 50 List (2022, 2023)
- Fast Company Most Innovative Companies (2020, 2023)
- Built In Best Places to Work (2023)
- Fortune Best Workplaces NY (2020, 2021, 2022, 2023)
- Great Place to Work certified (2020, 2021, 2022, 2023)
- Fast Company Best Workplaces for Innovators (2022)
- Built In LGBTQIA+ Advocacy Award (2022)
Maven is looking for a VP, Payment Delivery. As the newest member of Maven’s leadership team, and reporting directly to the SVP, Operations, you will be responsible for driving Maven’s newest product - Maven Managed Benefit. You will oversee a team responsible for facilitating all aspects of the member experience, from support to payment and pharmacy operations to configuration and reporting, all with an eye to delivering high quality, trusted and empathetic care to our members. You will play a critical role in enabling Maven members to access new, fertility related benefits, and in helping de-stress the financial burden that comes with family planning.
The ideal candidate has experience building out and leading high performing teams that manage key pharmacy and payer relationships and complex payments workflows, while ensuring a seamless member experience. He/She/They will oversee member services, payment operations, pharmacy operations, and configuration and reporting.
As a VP, Payment Delivery at Maven, you will:
- Create member satisfaction through optimizing the payments and billing organization, integrating teams, developing unified processes and procedures and directing the daily operations with a member-performance centric focus and full leverage of technology solutions
- Direct, coordinate and evaluate the performance of operational areas, and proactively initiate process & system improvements for the ongoing enhancement of service performance
- Responsible for all aspects of the payment cycle workflow including Insurance Contracting, Credentialing, Eligibility, Claims Submission and Follow-Up, Payment Application, Denial and Appeals Management
- Development, implementation and administration of all policies and procedures relating to the payment cycle
- Ensure adherence to all aspects of billing compliance regulations and policies
- Prepare financial forecasts; manage ongoing P&L and expenses; plan for appropriate staffing and capacity management
- Leverage data-driven decision making, developing, monitoring, responding to and reporting on relevant financial and operational KPIs
- Recruit, manage and develop teams quickly as business scales, create highly effective onboarding systems to drive productivity of new team members with urgency; Oversee member services, payment operations, pharmacy operations, and configuration and reporting teams
- Background in a healthcare benefits and insurance or experience with payments and revenue cycle operations
- Experience at a high growth, tech enabled company in healthcare, insurance, or fin tech strongly preferred
- Thorough understanding of healthcare, market dynamics, revenue cycle, compliance and trends
- Demonstrated experience scaling a payment delivery and member service organization quickly and effectively
- Strong understanding of workflow management, service line development and operationalization
- Proven track record of building teams, attracting and developing high-performance talent; strong people leader with the ability to mentor a team
- Strong background running member-centric organizations focused on achieving a high degree of member care and satisfaction
- Operates with a strong sense of urgency, energy and enthusiasm. Leads with a passion to fulfill the shared mission and vision of the organization. Effective in a very fast-paced environment
- Deep experience with payments and billing in a healthcare context; knowledge of revenue cycle operations is preferred
- A strategic-thinker, problem solver and decision-maker with an orientation towards data driven continuous improvement in a high growth organization
- Ability to provide exceptional service, solving issues and creating member satisfaction above all
- Strong judgment and prioritization skills and can assess decisions/investments/tasks that will create the biggest impact
- An excellent communicator, both written and verbal with the ability to communicate with and persuade at all levels across the organization
- Detail-oriented and analytical, with solid organizational and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated and able to work under pressure in a high growth, evolving environment; dependable with deliverables and deadlines
For candidates in NYC, CO, or CA, the base salary range for this role is $230,000 - $280,000 per year. You will also be entitled to receive stock options and benefits. Individual pay decisions are based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, experience level, and skillset.
At Maven we believe that a diverse set of backgrounds and experiences enrich our teams and allow us to achieve above and beyond our goals. If you do not have experience in all of the areas detailed above, we hope that you will share your unique background with us in your application and how it can be additive to our teams.
Benefits & Perks:
We are reimagining what a supportive workplace looks like, from the inside out. On top of standards such as employer-covered health, dental, and insurance plan options, and generous PTO, we offer an all-of-you, inclusive approach to benefits:
- Maven for Mavens: access to the full platform and specialists, including care for everything from mental health, reproductive health, family planning, pediatrics.
- Whole-self care through wellness partnerships
- Weekly breakfast, lunch, and get-togethers
- 16 weeks 100% paid parental leave, flexible time upon return, and $1.5K/mo for 2 months, new parent stipend (for Mavens who've been with us at least six months)
- Udemy, annual professional development stipend, and access to a personal career coach through Maven
- 401K matching for US-based employees (immediately vesting)
These benefits are applicable to Maven Clinic Co., US-based, full-time employees only. 1099/Contract Providers are ineligible for these benefits.