External Communications Intern
- TIME 100 Most Influential Companies (2023)
- CNBC Disruptor 50 List (2022, 2023)
- Fast Company Most Innovative Companies (2020, 2023)
- Built In Best Places to Work (2023)
- Fortune Best Workplaces NY (2020, 2021, 2022, 2023)
- Great Place to Work certified (2020, 2021, 2022, 2023)
- Fast Company Best Workplaces for Innovators (2022)
- Built In LGBTQIA+ Advocacy Award (2022)
Maven is looking for an External Communications Intern to join Maven’s Brand & Communications Team for the Fall 2023 semester. The right person for this role is a creative problem solver and critical thinker who is detail-oriented and possesses strong research and writing skills. This person will work directly with the Senior Manager of Communications and Director of Communications to assist with day-to-day external communications needs.
Applications for this role will be collected and reviewed on a rolling basis until August 31.
As an External Communications Intern, you will support the External Communications team with a variety of projects, including:
- Conducting media research and audits of media landscape
- Managing PR monitoring and analytics, including maintaining internal databases and weekly industry and competitive news scans
- Supporting Maven’s awards program, including maintaining and expanding the company’s awards database and writing long-form awards submissions
- Assisting in the development of proactive pitches and other written communications
- Working on a semester-long media project that you will present to the communications team
We’re looking for you to bring:
- You are a student graduating in Spring 2024 or 2025
- 2-3 relevant internship experiences in Communications/PR or media
- Excellent organizational and communications (written and verbal) skills
- Ability to effectively project manage and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Love of media and awareness of breadth of media landscape
- Ability to work 10-15 hours per week–preference for half day in Maven’s SoHo office on Tuesdays, as well as availability on Thursday afternoons or Friday mornings
Helpful experiences and skills (if you don’t have them, you can learn them with us!):
- Knowledge of key trends in the healthcare industry, particularly in women’s and family health
- Experience using media monitoring tools (such as MuckRack, Cision, and Onclusive) is a plus
For candidates in NYC, CO, or CA, the hourly rate for this role is $50/hour. You will not be entitled to receive stock options and benefits.
***NOTE: Interns are not eligible for the full benefits package listed below for Maven FTE; applicable benefits will be discussed***
At Maven we believe that a diverse set of backgrounds and experiences enrich our teams and allow us to achieve above and beyond our goals. If you do not have experience in all of the areas detailed above, we hope that you will share your unique background with us in your application and how it can be additive to our teams.
Benefits & Perks:
We are reimagining what a supportive workplace looks like, from the inside out. On top of standards such as employer-covered health, dental, and insurance plan options, and generous PTO, we offer an all-of-you, inclusive approach to benefits:
- Maven for Mavens: access to the full platform and specialists, including care for everything from mental health, reproductive health, family planning, pediatrics.
- Whole-self care through wellness partnerships
- Weekly breakfast, lunch, and get-togethers
- 16 weeks 100% paid parental leave, flexible time upon return, and $1.5K/mo for 2 months, new parent stipend (for Mavens who've been with us at least six months)
- Udemy, annual professional development stipend, and access to a personal career coach through Maven
- 401K matching for US-based employees (immediately vesting)
These benefits are applicable to Maven Clinic Co., US-based, full-time employees only. 1099/Contract Providers are ineligible for these benefits.