- TIME 100 Most Influential Companies (2023)
- CNBC Disruptor 50 List (2022, 2023)
- Fast Company Most Innovative Companies (2020, 2023)
- Built In Best Places to Work (2023)
- Fortune Best Workplaces NY (2020, 2021, 2022, 2023)
- Great Place to Work certified (2020, 2021, 2022, 2023)
- Fast Company Best Workplaces for Innovators (2022)
- Built In LGBTQIA+ Advocacy Award (2022)
Maven is looking for full-time Care Advocates to join our team to support our existing patients and practitioners, and the expansion of clients in coming months. Our Care Advocacy team is the voice of Maven, helping both providers and patients navigate digital care. As a Care Advocate, you love helping people in their times of need!
This is an entry level position on the Care advocacy team that will be focused on mastering the Maven product and the core responsibilities of the role with supervision and support.
The Care Advocate class of October 2023 will begin on Tuesday, October 31, 2023. Each Care Advocate has a set schedule and must feel comfortable committing to it.
Our Care Advocate team works remotely. We are looking for Care Advocates who reside in any of the following states: Arizona, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Illinois, Kansas, Maryland, Maine, Michigan, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, New Mexico, Nevada, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, South Carolina, Virginia
We support Maven members 24/7/365. We are currently hiring for the following shifts: 3pm-11:30pm EST, Tuesday-Saturday OR 3pm-11:30pm, Sunday-Thursday OR 7am-3:30pm EST, Sunday-Thursday, OR 7am-3:30pm EST, Tuesday-Saturday
As a Care Advocate at Maven, you will...
- Deliver amazing service to our providers and patients, primarily via email/messaging, following Maven procedures and guidelines
- Conduct video appointments with members to support their goals with navigation and coaching
- Provide ongoing case management in accordance with the Maven outreach schedule
- Answer user questions about our product and provide personalized online appointment booking support
- Triage urgent care requests
- Strategize creative solutions to help solve member needs
- Relay member insights to support product development
- Take on short-term research projects as needed
- Provide other duties as assigned
We’re looking for you to bring:
- A background in allied health, human services or healthcare
- A motivated and ambitious outlook - you love to get things done while staying organized
- Dedication to delivering excellent customer service while remaining calm, flexible and invested in the user’s journey
- Problem-solving skills to help find creative solutions to customer needs
- Enthusiasm to work independently and on a collaborative team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Empathy for patients and devotion to work with discretion as you would be working with sensitive data
Additional helpful experiences and skills:
- Experience working with sensitive health information
- Experience in social work, nursing, public health or related field
- Currently holds a coaching certification (ICF or NBC-HWC), has a nursing or behavioral health background
- Experience in insurance navigation/claims advocacy or medical billing
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup environment
- Experience in family planning and maternal-child health areas such as pregnancy, postpartum, adoption, surrogacy, and fertility
- Fluency in a language other than English
For candidates in NYC, CO, or CA, the base salary range for this role is $24.00-$26.00 per hour. You will also be entitled to receive stock options and benefits. Individual pay decisions are based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, experience level, and skillset.
At Maven we believe that a diverse set of backgrounds and experiences enrich our teams and allow us to achieve above and beyond our goals. If you do not have experience in all of the areas detailed above, we hope that you will share your unique background with us in your application and how it can be additive to our teams.
Benefits & Perks:
We are reimagining what a supportive workplace looks like, from the inside out. On top of standards such as employer-covered health, dental, and insurance plan options, and generous PTO, we offer an all-of-you, inclusive approach to benefits:
- Maven for Mavens: access to the full platform and specialists, including care for everything from mental health, reproductive health, family planning, pediatrics.
- Whole-self care through wellness partnerships
- Weekly breakfast, lunch, and get-togethers
- 16 weeks 100% paid parental leave, flexible time upon return, and $1.5K/mo for 2 months, new parent stipend (for Mavens who've been with us at least six months)
- Udemy, annual professional development stipend, and access to a personal career coach through Maven
- 401K matching for US-based employees (immediately vesting)
These benefits are applicable to Maven Clinic Co., US-based, full-time employees only. 1099/Contract Providers are ineligible for these benefits.