Visiting Fertility or Menopause Scientist (Part-time Contract)
- TIME 100 Most Influential Companies (2023)
- CNBC Disruptor 50 List (2022, 2023)
- Fast Company Most Innovative Companies (2020, 2023)
- Built In Best Places to Work (2023)
- Fortune Best Workplaces NY (2020, 2021, 2022, 2023)
- Great Place to Work certified (2020, 2021, 2022, 2023)
- Fast Company Best Workplaces for Innovators (2022)
- Built In LGBTQIA+ Advocacy Award (2022)
We’re looking for a passionate and innovative scientist with independent research experience to join our clinical research and science team for a part-time, 1-year fellowship. The visiting scientist will take a leadership role in bringing a scientific approach to understanding the potential and the value of digital health for women and families. Our priority research areas for 2024 are fertility and menopause, including their intersection with health disparities and social determinants of health. Across all topics, emphasis will be placed on understanding the mechanisms by which a virtual platform, such as Maven, impacts members’ experiences and outcomes and to generate insights that are relevant broadly in care models. You will bring thought leadership and research expertise, and will play an active role in promoting Maven’s research.
This is a 1-year, 0.25 - 0.50 FTE position. The Visiting Clinical Scientist reports to the Senior Director of Research Strategy. This role can be in-person, remote or hybrid. The visiting scientist will be expected to attend periodic on-site team meetings and travel to conferences.
As a Visiting Scientist at Maven, you will:
- Develop your own research agenda relevant to Maven and/or work on projects that are part of the existing research agenda
- Implement your research agenda in collaboration with the research team
- Contribute to all aspects of the team’s research, including participating in identifying and prioritizing research questions, study design and interpreting results
- Disseminate your research through a variety of channels, including leading the submission of at least one peer-reviewed publication, presenting at conferences, and developing other knowledge products (e.g., white papers, blogs, webinars, research-in-progress presentations, etc.)
- Provide strategic input into Maven’s care design
- Be an active and engaged member of the research team
We’re looking for you to bring:
- Expertise in maternal/reproductive health or associated field
- Experience designing and leading research studies with a track record of publications
- Strong quantitative, qualitative or mixed methods skills
- Demonstrated leadership experience as well as experience working in a highly collaborative team environment
- MD, PhD, or other clinical or master’s level degree plus research experience.
Helpful experiences and skills (if you don’t have them, you can learn them with us!):
- Familiarity with telemedicine/virtual healthcare
- Experience working with or researching historically marginalized populations
- Data visualization
NOTE: As a part-time contractor position the benefits & perks section below does NOT apply to this role.
At Maven we believe that a diverse set of backgrounds and experiences enrich our teams and allow us to achieve above and beyond our goals. If you do not have experience in all of the areas detailed above, we hope that you will share your unique background with us in your application and how it can be additive to our teams.
Benefits & Perks:
We are reimagining what a supportive workplace looks like, from the inside out. On top of standards such as employer-covered health, dental, and insurance plan options, and generous PTO, we offer an all-of-you, inclusive approach to benefits:
- Maven for Mavens: access to the full platform and specialists, including care for everything from mental health, reproductive health, family planning, pediatrics.
- Whole-self care through wellness partnerships
- Weekly breakfast, lunch, and get-togethers
- 16 weeks 100% paid parental leave, flexible time upon return, and $1.5K/mo for 2 months, new parent stipend (for Mavens who've been with us at least six months)
- Udemy, annual professional development stipend, and access to a personal career coach through Maven
- 401K matching for US-based employees (immediately vesting)
These benefits are applicable to Maven Clinic Co., US-based, full-time employees only. 1099/Contract Providers are ineligible for these benefits.