Senior Manager, Executive Communications
- TIME 100 Most Influential Companies (2023)
- CNBC Disruptor 50 List (2022, 2023)
- Fast Company Most Innovative Companies (2020, 2023)
- Built Best Places to Work (2023)
- Fortune Best Workplaces NY (2020, 2021, 2022, 2023)
- Great Place to Work certified (2020, 2021, 2022, 2023)
- Fast Company Best Workplaces for Innovators (2022)
- Built In LGBTQIA+ Advocacy Award (2022)
Maven is looking for an experienced writer to join our team as the Senior Manager of Executive Communications. In this role, you will report directly to the SVP of Brand & Communications. Your primary responsibility will be to support Maven executives with their internal and external communications. You will also support the external communications team developing written materials in support of PR campaigns.
The ideal candidate has experience as a ghostwriter for a high-profile person, a background in executive communications at a healthcare or technology company, or experience as a journalist at a top-tier news outlet covering topics relevant to Maven.
You are a storyteller at heart who has an established process for gathering diverse inputs that will create a clear, compelling narrative aligned to Maven’s mission, values, voice and business objectives. You are deeply curious, love to learn, and would be excited to go deep on Maven’s product, clinical and commercial strategies to inform your work. In this role, you would be expected to closely follow competitive and industry news, and have a strong pulse on narratives and issues shaping media coverage and the commercial markets in which Maven operates. You are a team player who likes to collaborate and is skilled at building trust and establishing strong cross-functional relationships.
What you will be responsible for:
- Collaborating with executives on internal and external-facing materials
- Drafting presentations, bylined articles, newsletters, talking points, internal memos, and social media posts
- Managing an end-to-end process for input, development and review of materials, harnessing all of the available intelligence within and around Maven
- Managing the social media presence and profiles for key executives
- Developing key messages, press releases and award submissions in support of PR campaigns
- 6 years of relevant work experience
- Outstanding writing skills: long-form writing, short-form writing, creative writing
- Ability to synthesize information to create clear, compelling narratives
- Excellent business judgment
- Ability to work and write quickly, with openness to feedback
- Attention to detail
- Voracious hunger to learn and ability to self-educate
For candidates in NYC, CA, CO, the salary range for this role is $140,000-$170,000 per year. You will also be entitled to receive stock options and benefits. Individual pay decisions are based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, experience level, and skillset.
At Maven we believe that a diverse set of backgrounds and experiences enrich our teams and allow us to achieve above and beyond our goals. If you do not have experience in all of the areas detailed above, we hope that you will share your unique background with us in your application and how it can be additive to our teams.
Benefits & Perks:
We are reimagining what a supportive workplace looks like, from the inside out. On top of standards such as employer-covered health, dental, and insurance plan options, and generous PTO, we offer an all-of-you, inclusive approach to benefits:
- Maven for Mavens: access to the full platform and specialists, including care for everything from mental health, reproductive health, family planning, pediatrics.
- Whole-self care through wellness partnerships
- Weekly breakfast, lunch, and get-togethers
- 16 weeks 100% paid parental leave, flexible time upon return, and $1.5K/mo for 2 months, new parent stipend (for Mavens who've been with us at least six months)
- Udemy, annual professional development stipend, and access to a personal career coach through Maven
- 401K matching for US-based employees (immediately vesting)
These benefits are applicable to Maven Clinic Co., US-based, full-time employees only. 1099/Contract Providers are ineligible for these benefits.