Senior QA Engineer
- Fast Company Most Innovative Companies (2020, 2023)
- Built Best Places to Work (2023)
- Fast Company Best Workplaces for Innovators (2022)
- Fortune Best Workplaces NY (2020, 2021, 2022)
- Great Place to Work certified (2020, 2021, 2022)
- Inc. Best Workplaces (2022)
- CNBC Disruptor 50 List (2022)
- Built In LGBTQIA+ Advocacy Award (2022)
Maven is looking for a Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer II to join our Engineering team to dive in and make an impact quickly. The QA Engineer will be involved throughout the development lifecycle with particular emphasis on assuring the quality of our users’ experience. You will be responsible for test planning, documenting, coordinating, and executing activities related to the testing of systems and applications developed by our product team.
To make our mission a reality, your skills will be accountable to:
- Take ownership and become the subject matter expert in your assigned team’s feature domain by planning, documenting, and executing testing activities on our cloud-based applications and systems
- Collaborate with Design, Product, and Engineering management on quality best practices during team sprint rituals and feature development
- Advocate for our end-users throughout the SDLC by helping reduce risk and report bugs across all tested platforms
- Coordinate with mobile teams on reviewing and approving release candidates
- Routinely contribute to the Web, iOS, and Android automation test suites
- Opportunities for mentorship and pairing sessions with high level QA Engineers and SDETs
- 2-3 years working in a software testing QA Engineering role across web and mobile platforms
- Highly skilled in testing methodologies and techniques such as white box, black box, functional, load, and usability testing
- Minimum of 1 year experience writing web or mobile test automation (or equivalent proficiency)
- Competency in at least one tool used for web test automation (Cypress, Cucumber, Capybara)
- Experience using Git and distributed version control systems (Gitlab, Github)
- Knack for problem solving and using critical thinking
- Excellent communicator and cross-functional collaborator
- Able to thrive in an autonomous environment
- Experience in mobile test automation (Appium, XCUITest, UIAutomator2)
- Experience in REST API testing and back-end testing
- Simultaneously supported their iOS and Android applications
- Prior experience conducting a major feature release (worked across multiple cross-team for project completion, managed bug bash(es), etc.)
For candidates in NYC, CA, CO, the salary range for this role is $90,000 - $135,000 per year. You may also be entitled to receive stock options, and benefits. Individual pay decisions are based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, experience level, and skillset.
At Maven we believe that a diverse set of backgrounds and experiences enrich our teams and allow us to achieve above and beyond our goals. If you do not have experience in all of the areas detailed above, we hope that you will share your unique background with us in your application and how it can be additive to our teams.
Benefits & Perks:
We are reimagining what a supportive workplace looks like, from the inside out. On top of standards such as employer-covered health, dental, and insurance plan options, and generous PTO, we offer an all-of-you, inclusive approach to benefits:
- Maven for Mavens: access to the full platform and specialists, including care for everything from mental health, reproductive health, family planning, pediatrics.
- Whole-self care through wellness partnerships
- Weekly breakfast, lunch, and get-togethers
- 16 weeks 100% paid parental leave, flexible time upon return, and $1.5K/mo for 2 months, new parent stipend (for Mavens who've been with us at least six months)
- Udemy, annual professional development stipend, and access to a personal career coach through Maven
- 401K matching for US-based employees (immediately vesting)
These benefits are applicable to Maven Clinic Co., US-based, full-time employees only. 1099/Contract Providers are ineligible for these benefits.
At Maven, creating a safe and inclusive environment for all is our top priority. If you'll be going into our offices or joining company-organized events, please note that Maven requires all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and have received the bivalent booster.
Something looks off?