Child & Adolescent Psychiatrist - Contractor (Remote)
Posted on Wednesday, May 17, 2023
Responsible for: Providing excellent psychiatric care to children 0-14 and their caregivers. Conducting psychiatric evaluations and providing medication management as needed. Collaborating with other providers as needed and ensuring an excellent family experience.
Location: Anywhere in the US, must have TX license in good standing
Reports to: Clinical Director
Schedule: 5 hours a week
- Provide psychiatric excellent care to children 0-14 and their adult caregivers as needed
- Conduct psychiatric evaluations and provide medication management to children and families
- Engage with collateral informants/providers including educators, other professionals including physical, occupational, and speech therapists, and other family members
- Communicate with families using the messaging feature of the Little Otter platform
- Work as a member of a Little Otter collaborative care team including our clinical care lead who coordinates care and, if indicated, Parenting Specialists and Psychiatrists to conduct assessments, develop care plans, and provide personalized care to patients
- Complete clinical documentation using the Little Otter platform for each patient including intake notes, progress notes, treatment plans
- Participate in regular Little Otter collaborative care meetings, give feedback, and contribute to the development of Little Otter
- Participate in continuing education, case conferences, peer supervision, and training in evidence-based practices, diversity, and inclusion, clinical skills, etc.
- Participate in clinician interviews as needed
- Serve as an integral part of the development of strategies to transform the delivery of mental healthcare to children and families
- Contribute to family-facing content (video, written, webinars) on child mental health, child development, family stress, parent mental health, specific challenges, and disorders
- 3+ years of experience providing psychiatric services to children, including diagnosis, treatment plan development, and medication management
- Licensed to practice in Texas
- Willingness to obtain licenses in additional states as needed
- Expertise in managing clinical crises, navigating ethical issues, and providing a great patient experience
- Experience and belief in providing measurement-based care
- Knowledge of techniques such as motivational interviewing, SMART goal setting, assessing client readiness to change
- Experience providing interdisciplinary collaborative care and working with children, parents, and other providers and educators
- Excellent presentation and communication (verbal and written) skills
- Comfortable with technology and interested in incorporating technology solutions into clinical care
- Experience with electronic medical records
- Excited to collaborate with top childhood mental health experts, software engineers, and designers to implement outstanding care models
- Loves working with children and families and is passionate about mental health
About the Company
Early intervention is essential for lifelong health and wellness. Still, most families and children do not receive the mental health support they desperately need. Little Otter is a venture-backed startup reimagining how children and families receive mental health care. We bring technology, proprietary methods, and exceptional providers together to deliver high-quality mental health support directly to families and children anytime, anywhere. Little Otter's assessments identify a family's unique needs, providing a customized care plan that includes a mix of teletherapy and digital self-management tools. Parents receive personalized and judgment-free support that grows with their family over time. Little Otter is the first product of its kind that is sold directly to families. Our goal is to break down existing barriers to high-quality services and empower parents to help their kids when they need it the most.
See more open positions at Little Otter
Something looks off?