Mental Health Therapist (LCSW, LMFT, LPCC, LMHC) - Part/time
Sacramento, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, March 30, 2023
Welcome to Little Otter!
Little Otter was co-founded by Rebecca Egger & Dr. Helen Egger. Dr. Egger is a child psychiatrist, epidemiologist, and digital health researcher. She is pioneer in the field of early childhood mental health. Before co-founding Little Otter, she served as Chair of the Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Director of the Child Study Center at NYU Langone Health & Division Chief for Child Psychiatry at Duke University School of Medicine. At Little Otter she is Chief Medical & Scientific Officer. Please read more about Dr. Egger here!
We are looking for mental health providers who want to build a new way of delivering high-quality, evidence-based mental health care because they are dissatisfied with the status quo. We want providers who are excited to work at an early-stage startup and impact the way we provide exceptional virtual mental healthcare to children and families.
Salary: 40-50k + hiring bonus
Schedule: 20 hours/week - 10 hours after 3pm
- Provide high-quality, evidence-based teletherapy via the Little Otter platform to children ages 0-5 years old, parents, and families
- Conduct evidence-based interventions for children and families including Cognitive-Behavioral Therapies, Exposure Therapy for Anxiety, Parent Management Training (PMT), Parent-Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT), Child and Family Psychotherapy (CPP), etc.
- Complete clinical documentation using the Little Otter platform for each patient including intake notes, progress notes, treatment plans
- Participate in regular collaborative care meetings
- Meet regularly with the Little Otter leadership team to share experiences and insights, give feedback, and contribute to the development of Little Otter
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists (LMFT), Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), Licensed Clinical Psychologist (PhD, PsyD), Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC), Licensed Clinical Professional Counselors (LCPC)
- Received degree from accredited university
- Licensed to practice in California
- 3+ years of direct clinical experience (at least 1 year post licensure) providing psychotherapy to children and families with demonstrated expertise in treating common mental health disorders in children through evidence-based practices.
- Experience providing care to children ages 0-5
- Comfortable with technology and interested in incorporating technology solutions into clinical care
- Excellent communicator (verbal and written)
- Loves working with children and families and is passionate about mental health!
Why Little Otter
- A collaborative community of mission-driven professionals who want to help children and families
- Team-based care environment, along with weekly case consultations
- Money towards EBP trainings and additional support
- Parenting Specialists and Psychiatrists to provide parenting interventions and/or medication management
- Benefits include, but are not limited to: competitive salary and bonuses, a flexible remote-first working environment and parental leave
- Work under the direction of Dr. Egger - a name to brag about!
About the Company
Early intervention is essential for lifelong health and wellness. Still, most families and children do not receive the mental health support they desperately need. Little Otter is a venture-backed startup reimagining how children and families receive mental health care. We bring technology, proprietary methods, and exceptional providers together to deliver high-quality mental health support directly to families and children anytime, anywhere. Little Otter's assessments identify a family's unique needs, providing a customized care plan that includes a mix of teletherapy and digital self-management tools. Parents receive personalized and judgment-free support that grows with their family over time. Little Otter is the first product of its kind that is sold directly to families. Our goal is to break down existing barriers to high-quality services and empower parents to help their kids when they need it the most.
See more open positions at Little Otter
Something looks off?