New York, NY, USA
Posted on Thursday, November 9, 2023
Journey Clinical is on a mission to transform the growing mental health crisis by accelerating the adoption of frontier treatments that lead to lasting improvements in clinical outcomes. We have built a turnkey healthtech platform to safely and effectively expand access to a powerful modality known as Psychedelic-Assisted Psychotherapy, starting with Ketamine-Assisted Psychotherapy (KAP). In our patient-centered collaborative care model, licensed psychotherapists in the network take on the psychotherapy, while Journey Clinical's in-house medical team takes on patient eligibility, treatment plan and outcome monitoring. Our platform gives psychotherapists passionate about PAP the infrastructure and support required to become empowered KAP providers, while enabling higher standards of patient care and enhanced clinical outcomes.
We have recently closed a successful Series A round led by Union Square Ventures, and are backed by a number of top-tier investors including AlleyCorp, Fifty Years, Able Partners, Gaingels, Palo Santo, PsyMed Ventures, Coalition Operators, Christina Sass co-founder of Andela, Edvard Engesæth, MD co-founder of Nurx and, Hans Gangeskar co-founder of Nurx.
We are building an open-minded and inclusive workplace where you will have the opportunity to grow and collaborate with a diverse team of high performing individuals. Our team combines extensive experience in business and healthcare. We are mission driven and strive to make the workplace stimulating, ethical, rewarding, and fun. Together, we will be working at the cutting edge of a groundbreaking field that is reshaping mental health and we will make a direct impact on people’s lives.
About the role
Journey Clinical is looking for an Operations Associate to own all aspect of office day-to-day operations including HR operations, IT operations, and Tax operations.
What You’ll Do
- Own employee/contractor onboarding end-to-end
- Run payroll across multiple entities
- Add new hires to systems to maintain hipaa compliance
- Build a process to add new systems across the organization that meets hipaa requirements
- Manage new state opening and state insurances (e.g. WC, disability)
- Create virtual mailbox and liaise with Tax team on all tax requests across all entities
- Manage office day-to-day (e.g. events, office renovation, mail, office furniture, snacks, lease renewal, AC repairs, plants)
- Manage team scheduling directly or via an agency
Who You Are
- 4+ years of experience in Operations, preferably HR operations or office operations
- Prior VC-backed experience pre-series B thriving in a fast-paced environment
- A self-starter with a “lean” mindset who can "get a lot done with little"
- Stellar “doer” and problem solver with strong attention to details
- Tech savvy who can pick up new systems fast
- Trustworthy including prior experience having access to sensitive information
- Enthusiastic about our mission and being part of an early stage startup
- Bonus: prior experience in top tier management consulting
- Preferred experience managing schedules
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Full medical/dental/vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO (all employees are strongly encouraged to take at least 18 days off per year; most of us take 25+ including mental health days and moon days)
- Flexible working hours
- Hybrid role with opportunities to collaborate in-person in our unique NYC HQ with outdoor terrace and views of downtown
- Rapid career growth in Operations
- Pioneer a new industry with a new healtech business model (i.e."Innovation on innovation") with direct access to industry leading experts
- Have a net positive impact on people's mental health and overall well being with new mental health treatments including psychedelic-assisted psychotherapy
What to expect - we aim to align growth with high level of care for our clients
- You are the subject matter of your function and you own it end-to-end
- The scope of your responsibilities will evolve as you grow and shape the role
- At this stage, we are all ICs with a high level of autonomy
- We operate in a fast pace of change day-to-day with shifting priorities
- Cross-functional collaboration with the leadership team is focused on speed and execution while having fun
- You will have a chance to design your own rhythm while meeting company goals (we encourage taking time off and going on vacation!)
- You will be asked to problem solve, drive rapid experimentation and come up with lean solutions
- Our work is meaningful and we see the direct impact of our contributions immediately
- You will have opportunity to grow, both personally and professionally through 360 feedback
- We favor direct communication style and love to laugh
- Together, we will invest in building trust and a thriving company!
We recognize healthcare is a universal concern and tackling the mental health crisis will require team members with different strengths from all walks of life. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law.
If you feel discouraged by the job description because your skills don’t exactly match please apply anyway. We likely missed something and are open to expanding our understanding of the role.