Head of Clinical Operations
Posted on Thursday, February 9, 2023
Journey Clinical is on a mission to transform the growing mental health crisis by accelerating the adoption of frontier treatments that lead to lasting improvements in clinical outcomes. We have built a turnkey healthtech platform to safely and effectively expand access to a powerful modality known as Psychedelic-Assisted Psychotherapy, starting with Ketamine-Assisted Psychotherapy (KAP). In our patient-centered collaborative care model, licensed psychotherapists in the network take on the psychotherapy, while Journey Clinical's in-house medical team takes on patient eligibility, treatment plan and outcome monitoring. Our platform gives psychotherapists passionate about PAP the infrastructure and support required to become empowered KAP providers, while enabling higher standards of patient care and enhanced clinical outcomes.
We have recently closed a successful Series A round led by Union Square Ventures, and are backed by a number of top-tier investors including AlleyCorp, Fifty Years, Able Partners, Gaingels, Palo Santo, PsyMed Ventures, Coalition Operators, Christina Sass co-founder of Andela, Edvard Engesæth, MD co-founder of Nurx and, Hans Gangeskar co-founder of Nurx.
We are building an open-minded and inclusive workplace where you will have the opportunity to grow and collaborate with a diverse team of high performing individuals. Our team combines extensive experience in business and healthcare. We are mission driven and strive to make the workplace stimulating, ethical, rewarding, and fun. Together, we will be working at the cutting edge of a groundbreaking field that is reshaping mental health and we will make a direct impact on people’s lives.
About the role
Journey Clinical is looking for a head of clinical operations to join the leadership team. You will work directly with the co-founders (CEO/COO) and the medical director to design, build and influence the medical organization. You will build a team under you to manage day-to-day operations while you set the strategic direction of the organization. This is a pivotal role for the organization and you will collaborate with the product and growth teams while reporting directly to the Co-Founder/COO.
What You’ll Do
-Own and build the Clinical Operations function end-to-end with key KPIs in mind such patient outcomes, patient NPS, patient growth/churn, consultation margins)
-Leverage data to make informed decisions
-Manage the customer operations team; overtime grow and manage teams and teams of teams; act as an advocate for the medical org directly with the co-founders
-Own the prescriber forecasting model, influence and collaborate with the medical organization on hiring, onboarding, training and management of the medical staff (30+ prescribers today)
-Drive the design, implementation and documentation of new clinical protocols with medical leadership
-Collaborate with the chief of staff and head of growth to design and execute on state expansion strategy
-Identify areas of improvements in the medical organizations, implement rapid solutions with tools and collaborate with the head of product to drive new product features (e.g. patient analytics portal, medical clearance, pre-authorization etc.)
-Monitor patient outcomes to support a high level of care for patientsLiaise with the healthcare legal team and monitor federal/state, FDA/DEA regulatory compliance
-Work with co-founders and the chief of staff on vision to identify new areas of growth for the organization
Who You Are
-8-12 years of experience in Operations (Director-level and up)
-Prior experience in VC-backed healthtech operations with an understanding of the regulatory landscape
- 5+ years of experience in top tier management consulting
-A self-starter with a “lean” mindset that thrives in a fast-paced environment solving complex and sensitive patient problems in mental health with an outstanding ability to execute
-Prior experience building, growing and managing a team
-Prior experience designing a medical organization and rolling out protocols to support growth and scale
-Prior experience driving cross-functional strategic initiatives end-to-end
-You have a point of view on operations tech stack and are comfortable with Helpscout, Stripe, Acuity etc.
-Experience with making data-driven decisions and using data tools such as Tableau or Excel
-Bonus points if you have a clinical background (e.g. RN, NP, MD etc…)
What to expect - we aim to align growth with high level of care for our clients
- You are the subject matter of your function and you own it end-to-end
- The scope of your responsibilities will evolve as you grow and shape the role
- At this stage, we are all ICs with a high level of autonomy
- We operate in a fast pace of change day-to-day with shifting priorities
- Cross-functional collaboration with the leadership team is focused on speed and execution while having fun
- You will have a chance to design your own rhythm while meeting company goals (we encourage taking time off and going on vacation!)
- You will be asked to problem solve and come up with lean solutions
- Our work is meaningful and we see the direct impact of our contributions immediately
- You will have opportunity to grow, both personally and professionally through 360 feedback
- We favor direct communication style and love to laugh
- Together, we will invest in building trust and a thriving company!
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Full medical/dental/vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO (all employees are strongly encouraged to take at least 18 days off per year; most of us take 25+ including mental health days and moon days)
- Flexible working hours
- Remote role with opportunities to collaborate in-person in our unique NYC HQ with outdoor terrace and views of downtown
- Rapid career growth and the opportunity to build under you overtime
- Pioneer a new industry with a new health tech business model (i.e."Innovation on innovation") with direct access to industry leading experts
- Have a net positive impact on people's mental health and overall well being with new mental health treatments including psychedelic-assisted psychotherapy
We recognize healthcare is a universal concern and tackling the mental health crisis will require team members with different strengths from all walks of life. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law.
If you feel discouraged by the job description because your skills don’t exactly match please apply anyway. We likely missed something and are open to expanding our understanding of the role.