Head of Product
Posted on Tuesday, February 7, 2023
Journey Clinical is on a mission to transform the growing mental health crisis by accelerating the adoption of frontier treatments that lead to lasting improvements in clinical outcomes. We have built a turnkey healthtech platform to safely and effectively expand access to a powerful modality known as Psychedelic-Assisted Psychotherapy, starting with Ketamine-Assisted Psychotherapy (KAP). In our patient-centered collaborative care model, licensed psychotherapists in the network take on the psychotherapy, while Journey Clinical's in-house medical team takes on patient eligibility, treatment plan and outcome monitoring. Our platform gives psychotherapists passionate about PAP the infrastructure and support required to become empowered KAP providers, while enabling higher standards of patient care and enhanced clinical outcomes.
We have recently closed a successful Series A round led by Union Square Ventures, and are backed by a number of top-tier investors including AlleyCorp, Fifty Years, Able Partners, Gaingels, Palo Santo, PsyMed Ventures, Coalition Operators, Christina Sass co-founder of Andela, Edvard Engesæth, MD co-founder of Nurx and, Hans Gangeskar co-founder of Nurx.
We are building an open-minded and inclusive workplace where you will have the opportunity to grow and collaborate with a diverse team of high performing individuals. Our team combines extensive experience in business and healthcare. We are mission driven and strive to make the workplace stimulating, ethical, rewarding, and fun. Together, we will be working at the cutting edge of a groundbreaking field that is reshaping mental health and we will make a direct impact on people’s lives.
About the role
Journey Clinical is looking for a stellar Head of Product to join the team and own the product function. As the company’s sole product owner , you will work closely with the co-founders to set the product vision, strategy and roadmap. In parallel, you will execute, prioritize and write full tickets for each sprint. You will be joining a lean team with a flat structure and collaborate with engineering, design, operations and the growth team while reporting directly to the Co-Founder/COO.
What You’ll Do
-Own the product function end-to-end
-Translate co-founders (CEO/COO) vision into an actionable strategy and build a product roadmap
-Collaborate cross-functionally with various stakeholders (both internal and external) to solve organizational problems; brainstorm and problem solve to come up with lean solutions quickly
-Use analytics and user research to drive feature development and iterate on MVPs; translate raw data into actionable insights that influence decision-making
-Prioritize, spec and write tickets for all stakeholder requests and OKR-driven features. Looking for high-quality & engineer-ready tickets with relevant context and full acceptance criteria
-Partner with Head of Engineering to translate Engineering opinion on features and find creative solutions to problems
-Overtime manage a designer and continue to manage the product org as the team grows; act as an advocate for the product org
Who You Are
-7+ years of experience in product (Director level and above)
-Prior experience in healthcare with an understanding of HIPAA, PHI/PII and security implications
-Prior experience in 2-sided marketplaces building products for both B2B and B2C
- A self-starter with a “lean” mindset and prior experience in early-stage startup that thrives in a fast-paced environment
-Stellar IC with prior experience managing a small team
-You have a point of view on tech stack and are comfortable using tools such as Jira, Typeform, Circle, Stripe, Acuity, Zoom, etc.
-Experience with optimizing/designing product for growth and scalability
-Experience with making data-driven decisions and using data tools such as Tableau or Excel
What to expect - we aim to align growth with high level of care for our clients
- You are the subject matter of your function and you own it end-to-end
- The scope of your responsibilities will evolve as you grow and shape the role
- At this stage, we are all ICs with a high level of autonomy
- We operate in a fast pace of change day-to-day with shifting priorities
- Cross-functional collaboration with the leadership team is focused on speed and execution while having fun
- You will have a chance to design your own rhythm while meeting company goals (we encourage taking time off and going on vacation!)
- You will be asked to problem solve and come up with lean solutions
- Our work is meaningful and we see the direct impact of our contributions immediately
- You will have opportunity to grow, both personally and professionally through 360 feedback
- We favor direct communication style and love to laugh
- Together, we will invest in building trust and a thriving company!
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Full medical/dental/vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO (all employees are strongly encouraged to take at least 18 days off per year; most of us take 25+ including mental health days and moon days)
- Flexible working hours
- Remote role with opportunities to collaborate in-person in our unique NYC HQ with outdoor terrace and views of downtown
- Rapid career growth and the opportunity to build under you overtime
- Pioneer a new industry with a new health tech business model (i.e."Innovation on innovation") with direct access to industry leading experts
- Have a net positive impact on people's mental health and overall well being with new mental health treatments including psychedelic-assisted psychotherapy
We recognize healthcare is a universal concern and tackling the mental health crisis will require team members with different strengths from all walks of life. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law.
If you feel discouraged by the job description because your skills don’t exactly match please apply anyway. We likely missed something and are open to expanding our understanding of the role.