Senior People Operations Manager
Alma is on a mission to simplify access to high-quality, affordable mental health care. We do this by making it easy and financially rewarding for therapists to accept insurance and offer in-network care. When a provider joins Alma, they gain access to a suite of tools that not only help them better run their business, but also grow it sustainably and develop as a provider. Alma is available in all 50 states, with over 19,000 therapists in our growing network. Anyone looking for a therapist can browse Alma’s free directory. Alma has raised $220.5M in funding from Insight Partners, Optum Ventures, Tusk Venture Partners, Primary Venture Partners, First Round Capital, Sound Ventures, BoxGroup, Cigna Ventures, and Rainfall Ventures. Alma was also named one of Inc’s Best Workplaces in 2022.
Senior People Operations Manager
We are looking for a mission-driven, human-first, Senior People Operations Manager to help drive and manage the administration of Alma’s total rewards programs and onboarding. As a Senior People Operations Manager on the People Operations team at Alma, you will play a key role in supporting our rapidly scaling organization.
You will manage the onboarding, benefits, leaves, compensation, and 401k programs to ensure that they are competitive, inclusive, and aligned with the organization's overall goals and priorities.
What you’ll do:
- Develop a benefits strategy and own the annual open enrollment process
- Evaluate and recommend benefit plan changes, enhancements as well as new plans and programs as needed to support the attraction, retention, and engagement of employees
- Manage the leave of absence and accommodations process
- Communicate benefits, compensation, and 401k information to employees, helping them understand their total rewards package and assist with any inquiries or concerns
- Working with key stakeholders, you’ll develop and update compensation, benefits, and leaves policies and procedures, ensuring they reflect the company's values and goals
- Manage, develop, coach, and mentor a team of People Ops Specialists and Coordinators
- Collect and analyze data on benefits, leaves, compensation trends, utilization, employee satisfaction, and turnover rates to make data-driven recommendations for program improvements
- Assist with year-end and ongoing HRIS administration and maintenance as it relates to onboarding, offboarding, compensation and benefits
- Manage relationships with third-party vendors
- Ensure compliance with relevant federal, state, and local legislation
- Partner with the P&C team to maintain job leveling and salary structure frameworks that align with market data and support our expanding functions and teams
Who You are:
- You have 4-6 years of People Operations experience, including overseeing compensation and benefits
- You have 2+ years of people management experience
- You have demonstrated expertise in understanding full-scope benefits administration, conducting compensation analysis, and structuring pay. We use Radford for data.
- You have advanced knowledge of HRIS systems. We use ADP Workforce Now.
- You have experience partnering with business leaders and have successfully developed relationships across all levels of the organization.
- You have advanced Excel skills and the ability to translate data and trends into key insights and recommendations.
- You have experience developing compensation strategies and rolling out special projects.
- You have expert knowledge of employment laws, HR related state and federal regulations, compliance requirements, and HR best practices relevant to Benefits, Leaves and Compensation practices and procedures.
- You have excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- You are a creative thinker and problem solver and can work through issues that require on-the-fly prioritization.
- You have sound judgment and discretion, maintaining confidentiality at all times.
- You may have worked in a scaling startup before. You’re no stranger to things moving quickly.
- Nice to Have: You are a Certified Compensation Professional (CCP®) or Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS) designation or working toward designation.
- We’re a remote-first company
- Health insurance plans through Cigna (medical and dental) and MetLife (vision), including FSA & HSA plans
- 401k plan (Roth and traditional)
- Free Alma platform access
- Monthly therapy and wellness stipends
- Monthly co-working space membership stipend
- Monthly work-from-home stipend to power your wifi, lunches, coffee, etc
- Pet discount program through United Pet Care
- Financial perks and rewards through BenefitHub
- Free EAP access through LifeWorks
- One-time home office stipend to set up your home office
- Comprehensive parental leave plans
- 9 paid holidays, 1 Alma Mental Health Day, and 1 Alma Volunteering Day
- Flexible PTO
Salary Band: $135,000-$165,000
Alma’s compensation philosophy is driven by our company value of building equity. To best ensure pay equity, we typically bring in new hires near the middle of our listed salary bands and we do not negotiate our compensation (i.e. all people hired at the same level & role are brought in at the same salary, equity, and benefits). The recruiter you work with can provide more details on our philosophy.
All Alma jobs are listed on our careers page. We do not use outside applications or automated text messaging in our recruiting process. We will not ask for any sensitive financial or identification information throughout the recruiting process. Any communication during the recruitment process, including interview requests or job offers, will come directly from a recruiting team member with a helloalma.com email address.