Lifecycle Marketing Director
Alma is on a mission to simplify access to high-quality, affordable mental health care. We do this by making it easy and financially rewarding for therapists to accept insurance and offer in-network care. When a provider joins Alma, they gain access to a suite of tools that not only help them better run their business, but also grow it sustainably and develop as a provider. Alma is available in all 50 states, with over 11,000 therapists in our growing network. Anyone looking for a therapist can browse Alma’s free directory. Alma has raised $220.5M in funding from Insight Partners, Optum Ventures, Tusk Venture Partners, Primary Venture Partners, First Round Capital, Sound Ventures, BoxGroup, Cigna Ventures, and Rainfall Ventures. Alma was also named one of Inc’s Best Workplaces in 2022.
Lifecycle Marketing Director
Alma is seeking a Lifecycle Marketing Director to drive the strategy and evolution of engagement and retention programs that help members and clients make the most of their Alma experience. Reporting to the Senior Director of Lifecycle and Product Marketing, this person will manage a small team who is collectively responsible for strengthening customer relationships through delivery of timely and relevant content that encourages high value behaviors.
In this role, you will oversee the development, execution, and optimization of both ad hoc and programmatic campaigns throughout the provider and client journey: from onboarding and activation, through retention and advocacy. You will also ensure our members and clients receive timely and relevant information pertaining to core operational elements of their membership. In all instances, you will achieve this by centering the member and client experience and working cross-functionally with our Product Marketing, Creative, Customer Support, Operations, and Community teams to develop experiences that engage, retain, and drive revenue for the business.
What You’ll Do:
- Set the Lifecycle marketing strategy to engage and retain members across the ecosystem of our products and services.
- Build and manage a high-performing Lifecycle marketing team, equipping them with the day-to-day support and professional development opportunities to deliver their best work.
- Work collaboratively across teams to build experiences that activate, engage, and retain our membership base.
- Implement new processes, tools, documentation, and features as needed to improve the effectiveness of marketing channels and tactics, with a keen eye toward cross-functional implications/incorporating diverse perspectives.
- Partner with the Senior Director of Lifecycle and Product Marketing to define quarterly and annual roadmaps, strategizing and prioritizing team efforts.
- Set the standard for rigorous experimentation that continually optimizes performance.
- Collaborate closely with Marketing Operations to ensure we have the marketing tools and capabilities necessary to deliver highly engaging, personalized communications.
- Collaborate closely with Consumer Growth Marketing to ensure continuity of experience as customers transition from prospect to client.
- Be accountable for key performance indicators and team performance.
Who You Are:
- You have 5-10 years of Lifecycle Marketing experience; experience working in a membership-based environment and dual-sided marketplaces
- You have managed and coached a small team, motivating and enabling their best work
- You are able to both think strategically and implement tactically, managing vision and purpose for your team
- You are a subject matter expert in relevant analytical tools/methodologies (e.g. experiment design, A/B testing, performance attribution, analysis and reporting) with proven ability to translate performance metrics into actionable insights
- You have experience with a variety of marketing automation and email platforms; direct Marketo experience required
- You are highly effective at communicating up, down, and across the organization to achieve goals
- You are especially effective when working collaboratively with cross-functional teams
- You are passionate about Alma's mission and the future of mental health care
- We’re a remote-first company
- Health insurance plans through Cigna (medical and dental) and MetLife (vision), including FSA & HSA plans
- 401k plan (Roth and traditional)
- Free Alma platform access
- Monthly therapy and wellness stipends
- Monthly co-working space membership stipend
- Monthly work-from-home stipend to power your wifi, lunches, coffee, etc
- Pet discount program through United Pet Care
- Financial perks and rewards through BenefitHub
- Free EAP access through LifeWorks
- One-time home office stipend to set up your home office
- Comprehensive parental leave plans
- 9 paid holidays, 1 Alma Mental Health Day, and 1 Alma Volunteering Day
- Flexible PTO
Salary Band: $174,000 - $196,000
Alma’s compensation philosophy is driven by our company value of building equity. To best ensure pay equity, we typically bring in new hires near the middle of our listed salary bands and we do not negotiate our compensation (i.e. all people hired at the same level & role are brought in at the same salary, equity, and benefits). The recruiter you work with can provide more details on our philosophy.
All Alma jobs are listed on our careers page. We do not use outside applications or automated text messaging in our recruiting process. We will not ask for any sensitive financial or identification information throughout the recruiting process. Any communication during the recruitment process, including interview requests or job offers, will come directly from a recruiting team member with a helloalma.com email address.