Senior Service Designer
Alma is on a mission to simplify access to high-quality, affordable mental health care. We do this by making it easy and financially rewarding for therapists to accept insurance and offer in-network care. When a provider joins Alma, they gain access to a suite of tools that not only help them better run their business, but also grow it sustainably and develop as a provider. Alma is available in all 50 states, with over 11,000 therapists in our growing network. Anyone looking for a therapist can browse Alma’s free directory. Alma has raised $220.5M in funding from Insight Partners, Optum Ventures, Tusk Venture Partners, Primary Venture Partners, First Round Capital, Sound Ventures, BoxGroup, Cigna Ventures, and Rainfall Ventures. Alma was also named one of Inc’s Best Workplaces in 2022.
Senior Service Designer
Alma is seeking a mission-driven Senior Service Designer to join our team. You will be focused on designing services and workflows that support mental health providers in growing a thriving private practice and people seeking high-quality, affordable care. The ideal candidate is someone who believes that great design requires collaboration, curiosity, and comfort with complexity, and is excited to evangelize a new Service Design practice at Alma.
What you’ll do:
- Use human-centered and participatory design methods to build a strong understanding of current-state processes and articulate a future vision for our services.
- Build service design and design thinking artifacts (eg., service blueprints, user journeys, flows, and process maps) to achieve buy-in on the problem and solution
- Collaborate with partners in Operations, Product, Marketing, Sales, and Legal to drive progress on key company-level initiatives and improvements to our policies and services
- Understand and advocate for user needs by leading foundational research studies (interviews, surveys, ethnographic research) and testing service concepts
- Facilitate workshops and co-design sessions
- Gather and incorporate feedback from teammates and stakeholders
- Help establish Service Design as a function within our Product Design team by establishing processes, defining an engagement model, and educating stakeholders
Who you are:
- You have 5+ years of experience in service design, design strategy, human-centered design, ideally in a complex industry (eg., healthcare, government, finance, education) or a two-sided marketplace
- You have a portfolio with case studies that demonstrate a deep understanding of user needs and your creative problem-solving skills
- You are a curious, ambitious, empathetic, and strategic designer. You’re a total pro in Human-centered and Service Design methodologies and deliverables.
- You use digital design tools (Figma, Sketch, Framer, React) to articulate your ideas and produce artifacts (eg., Service Blueprints, flows)
- You have demonstrated experience in user research, including planning studies, moderating sessions, and synthesizing insights into actionable recommendations
- You are highly autonomous in your work. You’re comfortable working in a fast-paced startup environment, making decisions without all of the answers in front of you, and evangelizing the practice of Service Design to those unfamiliar with it.
- You believe that well-designed products and services are accessible and usable for all. Your work reflects that philosophy.
- You are passionate about Alma's mission and the future of mental health care
- We’re a remote-first company
- Health insurance plans through Cigna (medical and dental) and MetLife (vision), including FSA & HSA plans
- 401k plan (Roth and traditional)
- Free Alma platform access
- Monthly therapy and wellness stipends
- Monthly co-working space membership stipend
- Monthly work-from-home stipend to power your wifi, lunches, coffee, etc
- Pet discount program through United Pet Care
- Financial perks and rewards through BenefitHub
- Free EAP access through LifeWorks
- One-time home office stipend to set up your home office
- Comprehensive parental leave plans
- 9 paid holidays, 1 Alma Mental Health Day, and 1 Alma Volunteering Day
- Flexible PTO
Salary Band: $145,000 - $165,000
Alma’s compensation philosophy is driven by our company value of building equity. To best ensure pay equity, we typically bring in new hires near the middle of our listed salary bands and we do not negotiate our compensation (i.e. all people hired at the same level & role are brought in at the same salary, equity, and benefits). The recruiter you work with can provide more details on our philosophy.
All Alma jobs are listed on our careers page. We do not use outside applications or automated text messaging in our recruiting process. We will not ask for any sensitive financial or identification information throughout the recruiting process. Any communication during the recruitment process, including interview requests or job offers, will come directly from a recruiting team member with a helloalma.com email address.