Senior Operations Manager
Alma is on a mission to simplify access to high-quality, affordable mental health care. We do this by making it easy and financially rewarding for therapists to accept insurance and offer in-network care. When a provider joins Alma, they gain access to a suite of tools that not only help them better run their business, but also grow it sustainably and develop as a provider. Alma is available in all 50 states, with over 11,000 therapists in our growing network. Anyone looking for a therapist can browse Alma’s free directory. Alma has raised $220.5M in funding from Insight Partners, Optum Ventures, Tusk Venture Partners, Primary Venture Partners, Sound Ventures, BoxGroup, Cigna Ventures, and Rainfall Ventures. Alma was also named one of Inc’s Best Workplaces in 2022.
Senior Operations Manager
We are looking for a mission-driven, hard-working team member who is passionate about making mental health more affordable and is excited by the entrepreneurial challenges of designing and planning operational workflows for a rapidly scaling operations team.
As a Senior Manager you will be responsible for unlocking and building key process optimizations that will enable Alma’s claims processing teams to scale through our next chapter of growth, using business insights and creativity to drive strategic change. Reporting to the Director of Operations, you will support forecasting and team productivity analyses at the individual, team, and departmental level to determine the best way to utilize our team members’ time to achieve departmental goals, with target efficiencies and growth plans in mind. In addition, you will partner closely with Operations leadership to design and build the roadmap and workflows that the Core Operations team will rely on to execute on high quality, excellent operations. You will interact regularly with and build strong relationships with cross-functional teams, including Product Engineering, Customer Success, Business Intelligence, and Payer Partnerships.
The ideal candidate has a bias towards action, a strong sense of ownership, thrives in ambiguous situations, and enjoys driving cross-functional projects through to completion.
What you’ll do:
- Work directly with all claims processing teams on all levels to identify operational bottlenecks and trends, using data and analytics to prioritize work and design process changes to support continued growth and scale.
- Build excellent and innovative operational processes in collaboration with Operations Leadership while designing the right level of reporting to help the business measure success against these new processes.
- Collaborate with Business Intelligence, CX Strategy and Product to develop better systems for task management, and supporting Operations leaders with analyses to allocate workforce dynamically based on where needs arise.
- Support labor forecasting and department budgeting for future growth, training team members on necessary workforce planning tools and driving team decisions for hiring plans to recruit the right team members at the right time.
- Support the implementation of a BPO or other flexible staffing models and oversee those relationships.
Who you are:
- You have 5-6 years work experience in an Operations role in the startup, healthcare implementation, or healthcare consulting space
- You have a strong command of data analysis and visualization tools like Excel, Google Sheets, Looker or SQL
- You are highly resourceful and efficient at analyzing data and business trends. You can develop high quality reporting and recommendations to support cross functional projects and labor planning based on data.
- You are relentlessly organized with meticulous attention to detail and exceptional project management skills
- You have proven experience managing cross functional stakeholders to drive business results, specifically Business Intelligence, Data, or Product teams.
- You are a team player who can roll up their sleeves to support the team creatively while balancing the management of other projects through ruthless prioritization
- You have exceptional communication skills that can flex to translate effectively with both internal and external stakeholders
- You are passionate about mental health, our mission at Alma, and DE&I.
- We’re a remote-first company
- Health insurance plans through Cigna (medical and dental) and MetLife (vision), including FSA & HSA plans
- 401k plan (Roth and traditional)
- Free Alma platform access
- Monthly therapy and wellness stipends
- Monthly co-working space membership stipend
- Monthly work-from-home stipend to power your wifi, lunches, coffee, etc
- Pet discount program through United Pet Care
- Financial perks and rewards through BenefitHub
- Free EAP access through LifeWorks
- One-time home office stipend to set up your home office
- Comprehensive parental leave plans
- 9 paid holidays, 1 Alma Mental Health Day, and 1 Alma Volunteering Day
- Flexible PTO
Salary Band: $125,000 - $155,000
Alma’s compensation philosophy is driven by our company value of building equity. To best ensure pay equity, we typically bring in new hires near the middle of our listed salary bands and we do not negotiate our compensation (i.e. all people hired at the same level & role are brought in at the same salary, equity, and benefits). The recruiter you work with can provide more details on our philosophy.
All Alma jobs are listed on our careers page. We do not use outside applications or automated text messaging in our recruiting process. We will not ask for any sensitive financial or identification information throughout the recruiting process. Any communication during the recruitment process, including interview requests or job offers, will come directly from a recruiting team member with a helloalma.com email address.