Account Manager, goop.clean.goop
About The Company
Gwyneth Paltrow launched goop from her kitchen as a homespun weekly newsletter. It’s grown a lot since then; goop is a lifestyle platform encompassing curated products and content about beauty, wellness, fashion, food, and home. Pioneering the contextual commerce platform, goop allows readers to shop with meaning. goop is one of the rare places on the web where food, shopping, and mindfulness collide—where the ever-evolving intent is to make every choice count. We’re all resource-strapped, so goop hopes to surface the very best experiences, recipes, products, and advice.
You are an organized, self-starter and consider yourself to have an entrepreneurial spirit. You understand the importance of being flexible and are adaptable to changing situations, always coming up with a solution. Your strategic nature makes you a fast learner and you are passionate about beauty & wellness growth within mass retailers.
About The Role
The Account Manager, good.clean.goop is a key member of the Beauty Wholesale team, supporting growth and expansion strategies for our Target good.clean.goop line of business. This role will support the VP, Beauty, and Wellness by collaborating and strategizing with external partners to drive sales, achieve account and company objectives, maintain excellent working relationships, and deliver operational excellence.
- Develop, manage, and execute Target channel sell in strategies to build overall brand awareness, deliver, and exceed sales plans, and achieve long-term growth and profitability.
- Manage, in collaboration with VP, Wholesale, support agency partnership.
- Develops and communicates monthly updates on the business successes and risks to leadership and internal stakeholders.
- Manages and recommends pricing changes to meet competitive landscape, achieve sales goals, and optimize gross margins in relevant channel(s).
- Analyzes weekly sales and inventory reports and provides appropriate recommendations to capture opportunities and maximize sales in hero products while mitigating inventory risks.
- Develops strong relationships with cross-functional Target team members and leverages these relationships for our mutual interests.
- Close collaboration with demand planning on purchasing, forecasting, and inventory management efforts to ensure that product data, pricing, and promotions are accurate, timely, and complete.
- Lead visual merchandising strategies from inception to launch, to execute brand vision.
- Research and be in-tune with the beauty landscape to identify innovations and opportunities to drive the business.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred and/or 5-7+ years’ experience in account management at mass retailers within the beauty and wellness space (e.g. Walmart, Target, etc.)
- Must demonstrate strong strategic, interpersonal, organizational, and quantitative skills, as well as a passion for beauty.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Intermediate/Advanced Microsoft Excel skills; expertise in VLOOKUP, Pivot tables, and advanced formulas.
- Strong business acumen and analytical skills; able to analyze data and provide insight and recommendations.
- Ability to work collaboratively across multiple business functions for completion of projects.
- Ability to travel 30% of the time.
- Compensation: $85,000 - $110,000 + Equity. This is a full-time, exempt role. Please note that this range represents the low and high end of the anticipated base salary range for the Los Angeles, CA based position. Goop, in good faith, reasonably expects to pay the position within this salary range. Goop provides the salary range in compliance with all applicable federal, state and local laws. The actual base salary will depend on numerous factors such as: experience, training, knowledge and skills, and if the location of the job changes.
- Benefits: Generous health benefits package, fertility benefits and paid parental leave.
- Perks: “goopcation” paid company summer break, generous goop discounts, special offers with brand partners, access to custom lifestyle resources and events, and a beautiful work space in Santa Monica
- Work Philosophy: At goop we believe that creativity, innovation and camaraderie are essential to our business, our culture and our employee’s growth and development. With our Hybrid Work Policy, we are committed to promoting collaboration, productivity and employee well-being by maximizing the benefits of both in-person and remote work. We are in office Tuesdays and Thursdays, as well as Mondays for those within a 15-mile radius of our Santa Monica office.
goop is an Equal Opportunity Employer. goop does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. All information provided by the applicant is collected, stored and processed in accordance with the terms of our CCPA Notice for Job Candidates.
- Job Disclosures: No applicant disclosures related to physical requirements or ADA-related considerations are relevant for this role
- Application Requirements: All applicants will be reviewed through Greenhouse submission. Direct submissions to the People Operations Team members will not be reviewed separately.
- Candidate Requirements: Applicant must have US work authorization.