Junior Data Engineer
About The Company
Gwyneth Paltrow launched goop from her kitchen as a homespun weekly newsletter. It’s grown a lot since then; goop is a lifestyle platform encompassing curated products and content about beauty, wellness, fashion, food, and home. Pioneering the contextual commerce platform, goop allows readers to shop with meaning. goop is one of the rare places on the web where food, shopping, and mindfulness collide—where the ever-evolving intent is to make every choice count. We’re all resource-strapped, so goop hopes to surface the very best experiences, recipes, products, and advice.
You possess technical knowledge in SQL, Python, and wrangling large amounts of data, but you are also a strong collaborator and a passionate advocate for data.
About The Role
goop is looking for a talented and innovative Jr. Data Engineer to join our team. In this role you will help unify and bring to life our ever-growing data from all areas of business – e-commerce, retail, web analytics, logistics, marketing, and more. You will develop, deploy, and maintain data systems that will allow the company to use data in impactful and exciting ways.
- Architect new data solutions that will allow us to process batched and real-time data.
- Build and maintain ETLs from 3rd party data sources.
- Ensure data quality through automated testing and alerting.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements such as automating manual processes and optimizing infrastructure.
Qualifications & Experience
- 2+ years of experience working on backend software using modern scripting languages and frameworks (Python)
- 2+ years of engineering experience relating to data engineering and large-scale data transformations; strong experience with relational databases (PostgreSQL, Redshift, MySQL)
- Hands-on experience in cloud computing (AWS, EC2, S3, Athena, Lambda)
- Experience with batch and real-time data processing (Airflow, Kinesis, Kafka)
- Proficiency in Agile development process preferred.
- Skillful problem solver, detail oriented with experience and ability to QA multiple data sources.
- Strategic, cross-functional thinking with ability to gather business partners’ buy-in for projects.
- Compensation: $100,000-$115,000 + Equity. This is a full time, exempt role. Please note that this range represents the low and high end of the anticipated base salary range for the Los Angeles, CA based position. Goop, in good faith, reasonably expects to pay the position within this salary range. Goop provides the salary range in compliance with all applicable federal, state and local laws. The actual base salary will depend on numerous factors such as: experience, training, knowledge and skills, and if the location of the job changes.
- Benefits: Generous health benefits package, fertility benefits and paid parental leave.
- Perks: “goopcation” paid company summer break, generous goop discounts, special offers with brand partners, access to custom lifestyle resources and events, and a beautiful work space in Santa Monica
- Work Philosophy: At goop we believe that creativity, innovation and camaraderie are essential to our business, our culture and our employee’s growth and development. With our Hybrid Work Policy, we are committed to promoting collaboration, productivity and employee well-being by maximizing the benefits of both in-person and remote work. We are in office Tuesdays and Thursdays, as well as Mondays for those within a 15-mile radius of our Santa Monica office.
goop is an Equal Opportunity Employer. goop does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. All information provided by the applicant is collected, stored and processed in accordance with the terms of our CCPA Notice for Job Candidates.
- Job Disclosures: No applicant disclosures related to physical requirements or ADA-related considerations are relevant for this role
- Application Requirements: All applicants will be reviewed through Greenhouse submission. Direct submissions to the People Operations Team members will not be reviewed separately.
- Candidate Requirements: Applicant must have US work authorization.