About The Company
Gwyneth Paltrow launched goop from her kitchen as a homespun weekly newsletter. It’s grown a lot since then; goop is a lifestyle platform encompassing curated products and content about beauty, wellness, fashion, food, and home. Pioneering the contextual commerce platform, goop allows readers to shop with meaning. goop is one of the rare places on the web where food, shopping, and mindfulness collide—where the ever-evolving intent is to make every choice count. We’re all resource-strapped, so goop hopes to surface the very best experiences, recipes, products, and advice.
You thrive in an end-to-end data environment where you have the opportunity to build and deploy data pipelines, enhance and develop frameworks, and test + deploy production-level models that impact how we interact with our customers.
About The Role
goop seeks a talented and innovative Data Scientist to help us capitalize on opportunities in our broad and ever-growing datasets. As a part of the Data Science team, you will spend time working cross-functionally with engineers, product managers and marketers to build and test new consumer-facing algorithms and models.
- Enhance, develop, deploy production level machine learning models and algorithms that will improve goop's customer experience.
- Participate in the full development cycle: design, develop, QA, deploy, experiment, analyze, and iterate.
- Collaborate and partner with key stakeholders throughout the organization. Identify opportunities to utilize Data Science to enhance business outcomes/customer experience.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or other highly quantitative field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in data science, ideally with a focus in building production level machine learning solutions (product/content recommendation, personalization, prediction/forecasting, customer segmentation, NLP, classification etc.)
- Advanced level in Python programming with extensive experience with the ML ecosystem - pandas, NumPy, scikit-learn, TensorFlow, PyTorch, etc.
- Experience developing and deploying inference endpoints.
- Advanced level experience with relational databases (SQL) and unstructured & semi-structured data
- Understanding of A/B testing and practical application of inferential statistics
- Working knowledge of AWS infrastructure and data tools (S3, SageMaker, Airflow, etc.)
- Compensation: $90,000-$102,500 + Equity. This is a full time, exempt role. Please note that this range represents the low and high end of the anticipated base salary range for the Los Angeles, CA based position. Goop, in good faith, reasonably expects to pay the position within this salary range. Goop provides the salary range in compliance with all applicable federal, state and local laws. The actual base salary will depend on numerous factors such as: experience, training, knowledge and skills, and if the location of the job changes.
- Benefits: Generous health benefits package, fertility benefits and paid parental leave.
- Perks: “goopcation” paid company summer break, generous goop discounts, special offers with brand partners, access to custom lifestyle resources and events, and a beautiful work space in Santa Monica
- Work Philosophy: At goop we believe that creativity, innovation and camaraderie are essential to our business, our culture and our employee’s growth and development. With our Hybrid Work Policy, we are committed to promoting collaboration, productivity and employee well-being by maximizing the benefits of both in-person and remote work. We are in office Tuesdays and Thursdays, as well as Mondays for those within a 15-mile radius of our Santa Monica office.
goop is an Equal Opportunity Employer. goop does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. All information provided by the applicant is collected, stored and processed in accordance with the terms of our CCPA Notice for Job Candidates.
- Job Disclosures: No applicant disclosures related to physical requirements or ADA-related considerations are relevant for this role
- Application Requirements: All applicants will be reviewed through Greenhouse submission. Direct submissions to the People Operations Team members will not be reviewed separately.
- Candidate Requirements: Applicant must have US work authorization.