About The Company
Gwyneth Paltrow launched goop from her kitchen as a homespun weekly newsletter. It’s grown a lot since then; goop is a lifestyle platform encompassing curated products and content about beauty, wellness, fashion, food, and home. Pioneering the contextual commerce platform, goop allows readers to shop with meaning. goop is one of the rare places on the web where food, shopping, and mindfulness collide—where the ever-evolving intent is to make every choice count. We’re all resource-strapped, so goop hopes to surface the very best experiences, recipes, products, and advice.
You understand that details matter. You are creative and can think outside of the box to come up with innovative solutions to enhance images. You understand the importance of color, tone, exposure and other elements of an image. You work well within a collaborative team and know the importance of asking questions.
About The Role
As the Junior Retoucher, you will support the Creative team in the post-production workflow of digital assets for org-wide deployment across e-comm, editorial and social channels. You will work closely with the team to retouch photos for a variety of campaigns and channels. This role reports into the Post Production Manager.
- Retouch images in accordance with established style guides
- Follow instruction on image markups placed by Post Production Manager, photographers and art directors
- Oversee post-production retouching process and resizing requirements, including photo mark-ups and web-ready deliveries
- Retouch, color correct, crop, and upload product and model photography
- Ensure color consistency across all images per product, matching images from different cameras and sets
- Perform quality assurance on all images
- Crop digital images and maintain file size specifications
- Name and maintain digital asset organization
Qualifications & Experience
- 2+ years retouching experience with a portfolio focused on beauty and fashion – product, still life, skin and hair
- High technical proficiency in Mac OS X, Photoshop, and Wacom pen tablet
- Previous experience working in a digital photo studio
- Ability to work efficiently and produce a high volume of retouched images
- Proven ability to work to strict deadlines in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Hands-on knowledge of color theory and color management working within sRGB web and CMYK spaces
- Proficient in Capture One Pro, InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Bridge, Acrobat and Mac computers
- Visual Arts related degree/education preferred
- Compensation: $60,000 - $70,000 + Equity. This is a full time exempt role. Please note that this range represents the low and high end of the anticipated base salary range for the Los Angeles, CA based position. Goop, in good faith, reasonably expects to pay the position within this salary range. Goop provides the salary range in compliance with all applicable federal, state and local laws. The actual base salary will depend on numerous factors such as: experience, training, knowledge and skills, and if the location of the job changes.
- Benefits: Generous health benefits package, fertility benefits and paid parental leave.
- Perks: “goopcation” paid company summer break, generous goop discounts, special offers with brand partners, access to custom lifestyle resources and events, and a beautiful work space in Santa Monica
- Work Philosophy: At goop we believe that creativity, innovation and camaraderie are essential to our business, our culture and our employee’s growth and development. With our Hybrid Work Policy, we are committed to promoting collaboration, productivity and employee well-being by maximizing the benefits of both in-person and remote work. We are in office Tuesdays and Thursdays, as well as Mondays for those within a 15-mile radius of our Santa Monica office.
goop is an Equal Opportunity Employer. goop does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. All information provided by the applicant is collected, stored and processed in accordance with the terms of our CCPA Notice for Job Candidates.
- Job Disclosures: No applicant disclosures related to physical requirements or ADA-related considerations are relevant for this role
- Application Requirements: All applicants will be reviewed through Greenhouse submission. Direct submissions to the People Operations Team members will not be reviewed separately.
- Candidate Requirements: Applicant must have US work authorization.