Intern, Merchandise Planning & Allocation
About The Company
Gwyneth Paltrow launched goop from her kitchen as a homespun weekly newsletter. It’s grown a lot since then; goop is a lifestyle platform encompassing curated products and content about beauty, wellness, fashion, food, and home. Pioneering the contextual commerce platform, goop allows readers to shop with meaning. goop is one of the rare places on the web where food, shopping, and mindfulness collide—where the ever-evolving intent is to make every choice count. We’re all resource-strapped, so goop hopes to surface the very best experiences, recipes, products, and advice.
As a Merchandise Planning and Allocations Intern, you will play an important role in supporting our merchandising team in optimizing inventory management and ensuring the right products are available at the right time and in the right quantities. This internship offers valuable hands-on experience in the retail industry, where you will gain insights into the dynamic world of merchandising, supply chain management, and data analysis. We are looking for someone that can commit to a year long
About The Role
Merchandise Planning and Allocation are the teams that get the right product in the right place at the right time. These are highly collaborative functions that blend analytics with context to build a compelling story on sales trends and history that result in profit-driving decisions for future seasons.
- Data Analysis: You will assist in analyzing sales data, inventory levels, and customer trends to identify patterns and make data-driven decisions regarding product assortment and allocation.
- Allocation of Merchandise: Work with cross functional partners to distribute inventory among various store and wholesale channels based on factors like historical sales, local demand, and store-specific attributes.
- Communication and Coordination: Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including buying, planning, logistics, and store operations, to share information and ensure smooth merchandise flow.
- Report Generation: Assist in preparing regular reports on key performance indicators (KPIs), sales metrics, and inventory levels to evaluate the effectiveness of merchandise planning and allocation strategies
- Ad Hoc Projects: Work on special projects assigned by the merchandise planning team to address specific challenges or opportunities.
Qualifications & Experience
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload to meet deadlines, make timely decisions, anticipate problems and adjust as landscapes shift
- Forward-thinking, resourceful, and intellectually curious with the ability to work across different departments
- Team-oriented, collaborative worker while still being able to work independently
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment with changing priorities
- Strong sense of ownership and drive, coupled with a passion for ecommerce, data and innovation
- Compensation: $16.90 per hour. This is a part-time, temporary role.
- Perks: Special offers with brand partners, access to custom lifestyle resources and events, and a beautiful workspace in Santa Monica
- Work Philosophy: At goop we believe that creativity, innovation and camaraderie are essential to our business, our culture and our employee’s growth and development. With our Hybrid Work Policy, we are committed to promoting collaboration, productivity and employee well-being by maximizing the benefits of both in-person and remote work. We are in office Tuesdays and Thursdays, as well as Mondays for those within a 15-mile radius of our Santa Monica office.
goop is an Equal Opportunity Employer. goop does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. All information provided by the applicant is collected, stored and processed in accordance with the terms of our CCPA Notice for Job Candidates.
- Job Disclosures: No applicant disclosures related to physical requirements or ADA-related considerations are relevant for this role
- Application Requirements: All applicants will be reviewed through Greenhouse submission. Direct submissions to the People Operations Team members will not be reviewed separately.
- Candidate Requirements: Applicant must have US work authorization.