About The Company
Gwyneth Paltrow launched goop from her kitchen as a homespun weekly newsletter. It’s grown a lot since then; goop is a lifestyle platform encompassing curated products and content about beauty, wellness, fashion, food, and home. Pioneering the contextual commerce platform, goop allows readers to shop with meaning. goop is one of the rare places on the web where food, shopping, and mindfulness collide—where the ever-evolving intent is to make every choice count. We’re all resource-strapped, so goop hopes to surface the very best experiences, recipes, products, and advice.
You’re passionate about the goop brand and consumed by telling stories with images. You should be self-motivated, detail oriented, a good multitasker, and have a keen eye and a honed perspective. Photography majors are preferred.
About The Role
As the Photography Intern at goop, you’ll be supporting our Lead Studio Photographer both on and off set as we bring creative concepts to life and create content for goop’s various channels. You will get exposure to the whole creative and production process, seeing projects evolve from concept to post-production, working on photo sets with our in-house photographer and freelance photographers, assisting producers, and helping in post-production. This will lead to exposure to the different paths you might take in the photo industry and experience where art and commerce meet.
- Assisting our in-house photographer both on and off set
- Shadowing our producers on set and helping with production needs
- Helping assist with general digital asset management tasks.
- Light retouching
- Help on all photo shoots ranging from fashion, ecommerce, beauty, social and paid marketing.
Qualifications & Experience
- Familiarity with Photo Equipment
- Familiar with Adobe photoshop and Capture One
- Able to balance multiple projects at once and to prioritize responsibilities.
- Excellent time management skills (works well on a deadline)
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Access to your own car and living accommodations in the Los Angeles area
- Compensation: $16.90 an hour. This is a part-time, temporary role.
- Perks: Special offers with brand partners, access to custom lifestyle resources and events, and a beautiful work space in Santa Monica
- Work Philosophy: At goop we believe that creativity, innovation and camaraderie are essential to our business, our culture and our employee’s growth and development. With our Hybrid Work Policy, we are committed to promoting collaboration, productivity and employee well-being by maximizing the benefits of both in-person and remote work. With every aspect of this policy, goop is committed to employee health and safety, and will continue to follow all federal, state, and local requirements.
goop is an Equal Opportunity Employer. goop does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. All information provided by the applicant is collected, stored and processed in accordance with the terms of our CCPA Notice for Job Candidates.
- Job Disclosures: No applicant disclosures related to physical requirements or ADA-related considerations are relevant for this role
- Application Requirements: All applicants will be reviewed through Greenhouse submission. Direct submissions to the People Operations Team members will not be reviewed separately.
- Candidate Requirements: Applicant must have US work authorization.