Accounts Payable Specialist
About The Company
Gwyneth Paltrow launched goop from her kitchen as a homespun weekly newsletter. It’s grown a lot since then; goop is a lifestyle platform encompassing curated products and content about beauty, wellness, fashion, food, and home. Pioneering the contextual commerce platform, goop allows readers to shop with meaning. goop is one of the rare places on the web where food, shopping, and mindfulness collide—where the ever-evolving intent is to make every choice count. We’re all resource-strapped, so goop hopes to surface the very best experiences, recipes, products, and advice.
You are an organized and eager to learn individual who is interested in a position with room for growth and plenty of opportunity to learn all aspects of accounting in the e-comm/startup space.
About The Role
Goop is hiring a bright and motivated Accounts Payable Specialist to process full cycle AP and act alongside the AP Manager as a point of contact for all AP related inquiries, both internally and externally. You will be part of collaborative, fun, and dynamic finance and accounting team at an innovative e-commerce and retail startup based in Santa Monica and will support the AP/AR Manager in carrying out the responsibilities of the Finance/Accounting department.
- Process and match invoices to purchase orders (3-way match)
- Review invoices and credit card transactions for appropriate coding and documentation
- Respond timely to all vendor inquiries and/or internal inquiries
- Reconcile vendor statements, research, and correct discrepancies
- Collaborate in month end close duties including entry and match
- Complete credit applications vendor forms and resale certificates by request
- Work with internal departments to process payment requests timely
- Performs various accounting projects with speed and accuracy
- Participate in identifying and making improvements to AP-related processes and workflows
Qualifications & Experience
- 3-5 + years of AP experience in a high-volume environment
- Strong attention to detail
- 3-way match experience (strongly preferred)
- Knowledge of coding within different departments and sales channels (strongly preferred)
- Proficient computer skills, including Excel and Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high-volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to interact with employees and vendors in a professional manner
- NetSuite and/or Stampli experience a plus
- Compensation: $28-$33/hour + Equity. This is a full time, non-exempt role. Please note that this range represents the low and high end of the anticipated base rate range for the Los Angeles, CA based position. Goop, in good faith, reasonably expects to pay the position within this salary range. Goop provides the salary range in compliance with all applicable federal, state and local laws. The actual base salary will depend on numerous factors such as: experience, training, knowledge and skills, and if the location of the job changes.
- Benefits: Generous health benefits package, fertility benefits and paid parental leave.
- Perks: “goopcation” paid company summer break, generous goop discounts, special offers with brand partners, access to custom lifestyle resources and events, and a beautiful work space in Santa Monica
- Work Philosophy: At goop we believe that creativity, innovation and camaraderie are essential to our business, our culture and our employee’s growth and development. With our Hybrid Work Policy, we are committed to promoting collaboration, productivity and employee well-being by maximizing the benefits of both in-person and remote work. We are in office Tuesdays and Thursdays, as well as Mondays for those within a 15-mile radius of our Santa Monica office.
goop is an Equal Opportunity Employer. goop does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. All information provided by the applicant is collected, stored and processed in accordance with the terms of our CCPA Notice for Job Candidates.
- Job Disclosures: No applicant disclosures related to physical requirements or ADA-related considerations are relevant for this role
- Application Requirements: All applicants will be reviewed through Greenhouse submission. Direct submissions to the People Operations Team members will not be reviewed separately.
- Candidate Requirements: Applicant must have US work authorization.