Manager, Care Coordination (RN)
Found is a modern weight care platform and community focused on integrated support. According to a recent CDC study, nearly 50% of Americans want to lose weight, and on average, Americans have gained 30 lbs during the pandemic. But the existing weight loss industry focuses on shame - if you don’t have the willpower to eat less and workout more, you aren’t trying hard enough.
Modern science shows us that weight care is complex - food and movement are important, but so are hormones, genetics, sleep, stress, mental health, and daily habits. Found's unique approach incorporates resources and tools for behavior changes, a digital app with guided programming, an online community, and if indicated, medical and prescription solutions.
Research shows that addressing weight health reduces the long-term risk of diabetes, heart disease, and some forms of cancer. We believe in giving our community tools that will help them add years to their lives and reach their goals. We believe it’s not just what you’ve lost, it’s what you’ve Found. Found has raised more than $130mm from leading investors, including Atomic, GV, WestCap, IVP, TCG, Define Ventures and more.
About the Role
We are seeking an experienced and innovative healthcare leader to help us build our Care Coordination team. As the Care Coordination Team Lead, you will serve as an integral part of our Care & Service Delivery team, partnering with our prescribers, coaches, and non-clinical support staff. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-moving and constantly evolving environment, being equally comfortable and excited to execute, standardize, and optimize care coordination. Your expertise and passion will shape our evolving care model and drive positive change in our patients' lives.
What You’ll Do
As a care coordinator (~0.75 FTE, subject to change), you will:
- Conduct virtual nursing intakes: Conduct comprehensive virtual nursing intakes, including health assessments, lab screenings, and follow-up care, to lay the foundation for personalized treatment plans and prepare members for virtual visits with their provider.
- Empower patients: Educate and guide patients on appropriate treatments and care plans, tailored to their unique health history, weight loss objectives, and medication requirements.
- Provide ongoing clinical support: Provide longitudinal clinical support to patients throughout their weight care journey. Monitor changes in weight, labs, and biometrics, and proactively address concerns. Manage and escalate clinical issues, including medication side effects. Adjust care plans based on progress and evolving health status and goals.
- Champion shared decision-making: Foster a culture of trust and collaboration by promoting shared decision-making between patients and our compassionate care team.
- Provide on-call coverage: Be available for rotating on-call coverage on weekends and holidays, providing our patients with support whenever they need it.
As a team lead (~0.25 FTE, subject to change), you will:
- Lead and manage the team: Oversee the day-to-day delivery of care coordination. Lead, mentor, and manage care coordinators, ensuring they excel in their roles and meaningfully contribute to the success of our members. Set goals and define best practices around productivity and member satisfaction. Hire and onboard care coordinators to meet business demand. Ensure safe and appropriate staffing to cover operational service hours, including cross coverage for PTO or other absences.
- Implement best practices: Work with the Director of Care & Service Delivery to design and execute a care coordination strategy that operationalizes clinical and medical best practices to deliver safe, compliant, high quality, effective, and efficient obesity care.
- Champion continuous improvement and innovation: Work with the Director of Care & Service Delivery to analyze data, identify trends, and provide insights that highlight achievements and opportunities for improvement in care coordination. Collaborate with cross-functional teams to design and execute process and performance improvement initiatives, as well as product features, to ensure the delivery of safe, high quality, effective, and efficient care coordination.
- Foster team culture: Build a positive and cohesive culture where a distributed care coordination team is empowered and inspired to deliver on our vision and core values. Champion change management and professional development.
What You’ll Bring
- 3+ years of experience in an adult chronic disease management care setting such as primary care, cardiology, endocrinology, nephrology, or an acute/critical care setting such as Emergency Department or ICU care
- 2+ years providing remote care or remote services, like a telehealth setting
- 1+ years experience as a people manager, ideally of a distributed team of clinicians, including hiring, onboarding, leading, managing, and inspiring
- 1+ years of experience in value based care or in leading risk based clinical care arrangements or systems
- Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC) or 50 state licensure
- Passionate about delivering safe, high-quality obesity healthcare, and harnessing technology to do so
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to deliver effective, actionable feedback, and build rapport with colleagues at all levels of the organization
- Strong, demonstrated aptitude for problem-solving
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and projects at various stages of completion, as well as ensure their successful completion
- Comfortability with data and analytics, with a good understanding on how to leverage data to make people and systems decisions