Lead Machine Learning Engineer
Found is a modern weight care platform and community focused on integrated support. According to a recent CDC study, nearly 50% of Americans want to lose weight, and on average, Americans have gained 30 lbs during the pandemic. But the existing weight loss industry focuses on shame - if you don’t have the willpower to eat less and workout more, you aren’t trying hard enough.
Modern science shows us that weight care is complex - food and movement are important, but so are hormones, genetics, sleep, stress, mental health, and daily habits. Found's unique approach incorporates resources and tools for behavior changes, a digital app with guided programming, an online community, and if indicated, medical and prescription solutions.
Research shows that addressing weight health reduces the long-term risk of diabetes, heart disease, and some forms of cancer. We believe in giving our community tools that will help them add years to their lives and reach their goals. We believe it’s not just what you’ve lost, it’s what you’ve Found. Found has raised more than $130mm from leading investors, including Atomic, GV, WestCap, IVP, TCG, Define Ventures and more.
We are seeking a Lead Machine Learning Engineer to join our dynamic, newly established Data Science & Machine Learning team. This is an exciting opportunity for you to build innovative ML products from scratch and create a massive impact by transforming our product into an AI-first platform. As a key contributor to our team, you will play a crucial role in shaping the future of our organization and revolutionizing the industry with cutting-edge AI solutions.
What You'll Do
- Serve as the architect for the AI landscape in a rapidly growing early-stage startup, taking it from zero to one.
- Collaborate with Product, Design, and Engineering teams to deliver innovative AI-first features for our product.
- Utilize cutting-edge generative AI models, such as GPT-4, to create delightful experiences for our customers.
- Design and develop ML systems from scratch in a production environment, catering to a consumer-scale audience.
- Identify opportunities within our product to implement AI/ML and quickly build prototypes to test these ideas.
- Offer data science expertise in statistical data analysis, data storytelling, and A/B testing.
- Stay current with the latest research, swiftly evaluate new research ideas, and integrate them with the product.
What You Bring
- A minimum of 6 years of experience in solving Machine Learning problems with real-world data in production.
- At least 2+ years of experience at a senior level, owning project leadership and building systems from scratch.
- A track record of working cross-functionally with engineers, product managers, and designers.
- A passion for research, an experimental mindset, and the ability to quickly prototype and evaluate new ideas.
- A team player attitude with strong communication and interpersonal skills to share and brainstorm ideas.
- Experience in building applications using LLM and generative AI models in production.
- Experience building NLP systems.
- Experience in the healthcare industry, including an understanding of HIPAA compliance.
- Previous experience in a startup environment.
What You’ll Get
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- PTO, company-paid holidays, parental leave
- 401K, wellness and wifi perks
- Flexible, remote-first work culture
Found is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We seek and celebrate diversity in its many forms. If you’re excited about this opportunity but do not meet 100% of the qualifications, we encourage you to apply.
Please review our CCPA policies.