Front End Manager
Join the movement! Erewhon market is trailblazing in the health and wellness industry, and we’re rapidly expanding! Our culture comes from unstoppable leaders, inspiring staff, and the best food and wellness products on the planet. 10+ locations and growing.
What we offer:
- Pay is negotiable based on experience
- 50% off organic meals daily
- 20% off in-store purchases
- 401k with 4% match, Paid Vacation, Health Benefits and much more
- Bonuses and sales rewards (for some departments)
- HUGE opportunities for career growth
What You Will Do:
- Provide excellent customer service by greeting and assisting customers, and responding to customer inquiries and complaints; lead by example.
- Drive membership sales and other promotions or non-profit donation drives. Inspire the team to meet their monthly sales goals and hold them accountable to their goals.
- Educate customers on the benefits of our membership program, non-profit donation drives, or other rotating promotions.
- Be an advocate for and educate Front End Associates the company's mission and familiarize yourself with our products, promotions, and membership program.
- Manage and schedule Front End and Customer Service department employees, oversee their training, reward and recognize their performance and delegate their work assignments to be completed most effectively.
- Work with the Store Director on hiring, evaluation and overall supervision of department personnel.
- Ensures that all opening and closing procedures are performed. Procedures include but are not limited to: auditing safe; ensuring equipment is in good working order; stocking check stand area with bags, register receipt tape, etc.; setting up individual daily schedules, setting up all audit sheets.
- Responsible for accurate counting, balancing and securing of change drawer, safe, assigned cash register and “pick-ups” & “loans” to cashier’s registers.
- Control department expenses by improving operations and efficiencies, by controlling labor costs and by reducing losses due to shrinkage and pilferage.
- Keep updated on special cashier and merchandise needs that arise for holidays, as well as market trends in the Healthy / Grocery industry.
- Be an educator and brand expert, speak on the Erewhon mission and standards for excellence.
- Other duties as assigned by upper management.
What You Will Bring:
- Previous Retail or Cashier experience required.
- Customer Service Focus and great work ethic.
Erewhon has many opportunities for career development and growth as we expand across Southern California with ten current stores (Beverly Hills, Calabasas, Culver City, Grove (Fairfax), Pasadena, Pacific Palisades, Santa Monica, Silver Lake, Studio City, and Venice).
Erewhon Market is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, veteran status, disability, history of disability or perceived disability, and per the Fair Chance Ordinance will consider qualified applications with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the ordinance.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.