Barista Shift Lead
Join the movement! Erewhon market is trailblazing in the health and wellness industry, and we’re rapidly expanding! Our culture comes from unstoppable leaders, inspiring staff, and the best food and wellness products on the planet. 10+ locations and growing.
What We Offer:
- $18 - $24 / hour (based on experience)
- 50% off organic meals daily
- 20% off in-store purchases
- Bonuses and sales rewards (for some departments)
- HUGE opportunities for career growth
- 401k with 4% match, Paid Vacation, Health Benefits and much more…
What You Will Do:
- Prepare all coffee, tea and espresso based drinks ordered while maintaining high productivity levels.
- Maintain coffee quality standards and assist Coffee Trainer in ensuring recipes are up to date.
- Provide excellent customer service and address needs of customers in a timely and effective manner.
- Maintain accurate department signage and pricing.
- Maintain back stock in good order.
- Maintain a safe, clean and well-organized working and shopping environment.
- Assist with the sampling program, keeping sample areas full, clean, and appealing.
- Follow and comply with established procedures, including Weights and Measures, health and sanitation, and adhere to safe work practices.
- Operate and sanitize all equipment in a safe and proper manner
- Implement and instill in your team company policies, procedures and ethics.
- Handle customer complaints.
- Train at other Erewhon locations, if necessary.
- Implement operational standards for the Tonic/Coffee program and Oversee Standards and Quality of Coffee Program.
- Support skill building for all Tonic employees by providing honest and constructive feedback on drink quality and techniques.
- Coach and train to ensure we always meet our high standards of quality and deliciousness for every beverage and food item served in your cafe.
- Assist Manager and Shift Leads in maintaining inventory of things necessary to the success of the Coffee Program, including milk, paper goods, towels, cleaning supplies etc.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
What You Will Bring:
- 2 years minimum experience as a Barista and Juice or Smoothie Bar Lead required.
- Great communication skills.
- Great time management skills.
- Availability to travel and work out of our other Erewhon location.
Erewhon has many opportunities for career development and growth as we expand across Southern California with ten current stores (Beverly Hills, Calabasas, Culver City, Grove (Fairfax), Pasadena, Pacific Palisades, Santa Monica, Silver Lake, Studio City, and Venice).
Erewhon Market is an equal opportunity employer and we arecommitted to Equal Employment Opportunity regardless of race, color, nationalorigin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, veteran status, disability,history of disability or perceived disability, and per the Fair ChanceOrdinance will consider qualified applications with criminal histories in amanner consistent with the ordinance.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agencyresumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.