About Daily Harvest
Daily Harvest makes nourishing food built on fruits and vegetables accessible. We do this by delivering thoughtfully sourced, chef-crafted food to customers' doorsteps, all ready to enjoy in minutes. We’re on a mission to take care of food, so food can take care of you.
Our team is collaborative, driven, and future-thinking. We're constantly learning, experimenting and iterating. We celebrate failure just as much as we celebrate success. We take risks, try new things, and we get things done. We love adaptogens and cruciferous vegetables but never say no to cake. Everything we do, we do in the service of our community and our planet.
Daily Harvest is looking for a Copywriter who can bring compelling, on-brand copy to life across our platforms. The Daily Harvest Creative team develops innovative creative for every part of the business. Daily Harvest is proudly agency-free—meaning, the in-house creative team juggles every single project the company executes (think: web, print, packaging, installations, app, social, campaigns, and then some). We're a group of dynamic virtuosos with a knack for creating the inspiring and the eye-catching. We take ideas and transform them into concepts that stick.
We are looking for a rockstar candidate who is passionate about crafting authentic, clear and engaging copy (short + long form) that helps our customers better understand our brand and our mission. This role is ideal for someone who cares about what brands stand for, and who understands and is excited about being at the forefront of the conversation with our customers. The Copywriter will support the in-house copywriting and creative team, which includes social, digital, content hub and out-of-home copy needs.
This role is a critical part of our team in evolving our brand voice and creating copy that delivers strategically for both digital and physical channels. You should have a high taste level, be able to work quickly and efficiently and excel in creating unique, captivating work. This person will work in the New York Office.
What You’ll Do:
- Name products and collections, and write product descriptions for website
- Partner with Lifecycle Marketing Team to create customer journeys at every stage of their interest in Daily Harvest. Examples include: new customer onboarding, trigger emails, second box journeys, and VIP customer program
- Write copy that brings products and Daily Harvest brand to life for all channels, including social media, e-mail, paid, website, retail, editorial, and other on- and offline formats
- Generate SEO driven content for Daily Harvest content hub to improve organic search and drive sessions
- Collaborate with culinary team to support product launches
- Align with the web team to support product activations and launch schedules
- Respond to requests for online copy changes as needed
- Continually identify ways to enhance the customer experience
- Strong editing and proofreading skills
- Research use of copy on competitive websites, consumer publications, books, magazines, and social media platforms
Who You Are:
- 5+ years of culinary, journalism, media and/or e-commerce experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent applicable experience
- Versatile, fast writer who pays attention to details
- Self-starter and enthusiastic team player
- Can stay completely on top of their workload and be communicative about their time management
- On-the-pulse sensibility for determining what makes a fresh angle
- Someone who is smart, funny, super organized, collaborative and enjoys wearing many hats
- Proven ability to develop and maintain effective work relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Adaptive to change and tight deadlines
- Thorough researcher; Avid interest in the food industry is a plus
- Experience writing with SEO best-practices in mind and across brand channels
The anticipated annual base salary range for this role is $65,000 - $90,000. Actual compensation will be commensurate with experience, qualifications, knowledge, and skills.
- Unlimited PTO Plan + flexible working hours
- Equity participation + 401K
- Competitive medical, dental, + vision insurance
- Fun IRL + virtual quarterly team events, happy hours, + DH team gatherings to celebrate our co-workers
- Ancillary benefits: Commuter, Citi Bike discounts, + Health & Wellness Perks
- Annual company retreat
- Unlimited Daily Harvest in the office to keep you hustling, not hangry (...always stocked)
- In office access to everything we create (including recipes in development)
At Daily Harvest, our mission is to take care of food, so that food can take care of you. And it wouldn't be possible without our team. We celebrate the unique POV that each person brings to the table and believe in a collaborative and inclusive environment. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, military or veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. These are our guiding principles and apply across all aspects of employment.