Senior Manager, SOX & Process Improvement
Compass Pathways plc (Nasdaq: CMPS) is a biotechnology company dedicated to accelerating patient access to evidence-based innovation in mental health. The Company is headquartered in London, UK, and has offices in New York City and San Francisco in the US. We focus on developing innovations that can improve the lives of those who are suffering with mental health challenges and who are not helped by current treatments.
We are pioneering the development of a new model of psilocybin treatment, in which our proprietary formulation of synthetic psilocybin (which has received breakthrough therapy designation from the FDA) is administered with psychological support. We are currently in phase 3 study for treatment-resistant depression (TRD), and phase 2 for both post-traumatic stress disorder and anorexia nervosa. Our vision is a world of mental wellbeing - Compass Pathways.
The Senior Manager, SOX & Process Improvement will support the Senior Director, Controller (based East Coast, US) and the rest of the Finance team (primarily based in London) and play an integral part in the build out of processes and controls in preparation for commercial readiness.
The Company and most senior executives are based in London, with further teams based in various US locations, including the CFO and SVP of Investor Relations who are based in the East Coast. The majority of this role will involve leading process design and documentation efforts for expanding business processes, in particular as we progress through commercialisation, and spear-heading process improvement initiatives, including the documentation and assessment of related controls to a SOX standard.
The role will require flexibility, strong attention to detail and a keen interest in collaborative, cross-functional work and will increasingly interact with the Executive Team as the company progresses to commercialisation.
The Company uses Netsuite as its ERP system, Shareworks as its share administration platform, Workday Adaptive for budgeting and partners with ADP as payroll providers. We us Workiva/Wdesk to support SOX documentation efforts.
This is an exceptional opportunity to join a growing, well-funded international biotech company. You will be working with highly experienced Leadership and Executive teams.
UK based: Hybrid working in the UK with 2 days in our London office required.
US based: Remote with opportunity to travel to the UK and NY offices as required.
Reports to: Senior Director, Controller.
Roles and responsibilities
(include but are not limited to):
- Working closely with the Senior Director, Controller and other members of the Finance function and the wider company. We encourage cross-functional working and support those who wish to gain experience beyond their immediate job description
- Ad hoc, monthly, quarterly and annual review of controls evidence including supporting teams to ensure the controls which they operate are appropriately evidenced
- Working closely with the Finance team and cross-functionally with IT, Legal, HR and Commercial teams in particular to ensure processes are accurately documented and appropriate controls are designed as processes evolve
- Coordinating external and internal audits with PWC and BDO respectively and responsible for development of reporting for the Audit & Risk Committee (ARC) as needed
- May fulfil additional ad hoc requests depending on business activity, including working with the Business Development team to determine impacts of potential partnerships
The successful candidate will likely have a strong academic background, and will have trained in the Big 4, with a proven track-record of working on US listed companies and an entrepreneurial outlook.
- ACA/CPA qualified
- High quality academic background
- Operates as a self-starter and can work independently
- Attentive to detail, data integrity and accuracy
- Fast paced, ambitious, independent and with a strong work ethic
- Able to interact with colleagues across the business
- Committed to Compass’ ethos and values
- Biotech experience preferred but not essential
【For NYC】Compensation Description (annually):
Please note that the base salary range is a guideline, and individual total compensation will vary based on factors such as qualifications, skill level, competencies, and work location.
Base pay is one part of the Total Package that is provided to compensate and recognise employees for their work and any role at Compass, regardless of the location, is eligible for additional discretionary bonuses and equity.
Benefits & Compensation:
For an overview of our benefits package and compensation information, please visit "Working at Compass".
We are proud of our commitment to diversity and equality (pursuant to the Equality Act 2010). We do not discriminate based upon race, religion or belief, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, age or disability.
Compass Pathways is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military service, genetic information, familial or marital status, or any other status, category, or characteristic protected by applicable law.