Full Stack Engineer
COMPASS Pathways plc (Nasdaq: CMPS) is a biotechnology company dedicated to accelerating patient access to evidence-based innovation in mental health. The Company is head-quartered in London, UK and has offices in NYC and San Francisco. Our focus is on improving the lives of those who are suffering with mental health challenges and who are not helped by current treatments. We are pioneering the development of a new model of psilocybin treatment, in which our proprietary formulation of synthetic psilocybin is administered in conjunction with psychological support.
Our vision is a world of mental wellbeing - COMPASS Pathways.
As a Full Stack Engineer, you’ll be a key member of the engineering team working across our product ecosystem to support COMPASS’ clinical trial and the broader commercial landscape. Our platforms support various stakeholders, including clinical site coordinators, therapists, patients and participants, business partners as well as internal COMPASS teams. You will help COMPASS drive technological advances in the mental health landscape to improve patient and provider experiences.
Location: Remote in the US (access to offices in New York and San Francisco) or United Kingdom (access to our London office).
Reports to: Principal Full Stack Engineer.
Roles and responsibilities
(Include but are not limited to):
- Own and work in the technical parts of COMPASS’ digital ecosystem and web based apps, both front-end and backend
- Ensure the system is scalable, secure and robust
- Actively contribute to product iteration and development to ensure products are delivering an excellent experience to users
- Write and ship high quality, best-practice grade code, ensure technical documentation is up to date
- Test software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency
- Work across functional teams in the company to translate requirements into technical features,
- Work closely with other Engineers, DevOps, Product, Design, Data Science, Analysts and QA to develop software
- Experience in full stack software development
- Experience with React, Next.js, Node, GraphQL and their ecosystems
- Familiarity with microservices and/or federated architecture
- Good understanding of how SQL/NoSQL databases work (ideally Postgres and MongoDB)
- Experience with CI/CD and cloud infrastructure (e.g., Github, AWS, Gitlab)
- Knowledge of infrastructure-as-code frameworks (e.g., Terraform and Helm) is a plus
- Experience/familiarity with Python or other programming languages is a plus
- Language agnosticism, understanding of strengths and weaknesses of various languages, systems and frameworks
- Strong analytical, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to operate independently and in cross-functional teams
- Aligned to our company mission and values of Compassionate, Bold, Rigorous and Inclusive
Benefits & Compensation:
For an overview of our benefits package and compensation information, please visit "Working at COMPASS".
Please note that the base salary range is a guideline, and individual total compensation will vary based on factors such as qualifications, skill level, competencies, and work location.
Base pay is one part of the Total Package that is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their work and any role at COMPASS, regardless of the location, is eligible for additional discretionary bonuses and equity.
We are proud of our commitment to diversity and equality (pursuant to the Equality Act 2010). We do not discriminate based upon race, religion or belief, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, age or disability.
COMPASS Pathways is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military service, genetic information, familial or marital status, or any other status, category, or characteristic protected by applicable law.