Medical Science Liaison
COMPASS Pathways plc (Nasdaq: CMPS) is a biotechnology company dedicated to accelerating patient access to evidence-based innovation in mental health. The Company is head-quartered in London, UK and has offices in NYC and San Francisco. Our focus is on improving the lives of those who are suffering with mental health challenges and who are not helped by current treatments. We are pioneering the development of a new model of psilocybin treatment, in which our proprietary formulation of synthetic psilocybin is administered in conjunction with psychological support.
Our vision is a world of mental wellbeing - COMPASS Pathways.
The Medical Science Liaison, will be responsible managing and executing a comprehensive scientific engagement and communication strategy in Europe.
The Medical Science Liaison will be part of an entrepreneurial team, managing, developing, and ultimately bringing together relationships with a diverse range of interested parties to ensure broad patient access and clinical adoption of psilocybin treatment.
Location: Remote in the UK (Access to offices in London office).
Reports to: Director, Medical Affairs.
Roles and responsibilities
(Include but are not limited to):
- Responsible for developing and nurturing interactions with key opinion leaders (KOLs) and Health Care Providers (HCPs), initially covering Europe
- Contribute to the overall strategy of KOL/HCP engagements, including setting goals for these relationships and developing and tracking the cadence of interactions
- Development and successful delivery of KOL/HCP engagement plans in accordance with the overarching KOL/HCP engagement and communications strategy
- Work collaboratively with other members of the Patient and Market Access team and contribute to building the Medical Affairs department
- Partner with the R&D, Communications and Operations teams to ensure consistency and full cross-functional alignment in approach
- Partner with Communications team to develop scientific communications for professional audiences
- Arrange and attend meetings or deliver scientific presentations within scientific conferences with team members
- Prepare and manage advisory boards, roundtables and forum logistics including developing agendas, project plans, and production of reports
- Ensure accurate audit trail maintained of all KOL engagement and all contact/activities are recorded on KOL database
- Gather insights from KOLs/HCPs/PIs to communicate internally
- Respond to inbound requests for information
- Develop educational content, including slides and training materials
- Contribute to a medical publication strategy, including dissemination of health economics and outcomes research
- Provide training to eventual sales and marketing teams
- Advanced scientific training with associated credentials (e.g., PhD, PharmD, PMHNP, MD)
- 3-5 years of experience as an MSL
- Deep understanding of the European Healthcare System with a focus on behavioral health
- Relevant experience in communicating scientific information and representing core values to a diverse array of audiences, and excellent verbal and written communication, listening skills, and emotional intelligence
- Experience in developing and successfully implementing KOL/HCP engagement strategy
- Good understanding of the pharma R&D and commercial environment
- Relevant experience either within a pharmaceutical company or related industry
- Experience in managing relationships with proven ability to extract value from engagements
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally
- Strong project management and people management skills
- Proven experience of self-motivation, accountability, integrity & teamwork
- Passion for improving and transforming mental health – full alignment with COMPASS values
We are proud of our commitment to diversity and equality (pursuant to the Equality Act 2010). We do not discriminate based upon race, religion or belief, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, age or disability.
COMPASS Pathways is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military service, genetic information, familial or marital status, or any other status, category, or characteristic protected by applicable law.