Director, IT Business Systems
COMPASS Pathways plc (Nasdaq: CMPS) is a biotechnology company dedicated to accelerating patient access to evidence-based innovation in mental health. The Company is head-quartered in London, UK and has offices in NYC and San Francisco. Our focus is on improving the lives of those who are suffering with mental health challenges and who are not helped by current treatments. We are pioneering the development of a new model of psilocybin treatment, in which our proprietary formulation of synthetic psilocybin is administered in conjunction with psychological support.
Our vision is a world of mental wellbeing - COMPASS Pathways.
Join Compass Pathways enthusiastic and collaborative team by contributing to the overall success of our novel mental health approach. In this role, you will provide proactive desktop services, support and problem resolution for Compass Pathways’ IT systems supporting a growing and fast-paced environment.
The Director, IT Business Systems will work with business clients to analyze business processes, collect, clarify, and translate their requirements into documentation from which applications and solutions are selected, procured, and developed. This role will also work to be a liaison between the various business groups within COMPASS, advocating and supporting the business’s IT needs.
Initial focus on solutions related to the Quality Assurance, Regulatory Affairs and Clinical Operations areas. This may also include but not be limited to, issues impacting quality and regulatory systems, clinical development and data management, and the following solution platforms: document management and training management, quality management, eTMF, submission management, data collection, and safety data. Works with internal and external SMEs in defining requirements, as well as implementing and maintaining effective solutions.
Report to: Vice President, IT.
Location: Remote/Hybrid on the East Coast, USA (preference for NYC) or in the United Kingdom (preference for London).
Roles and responsibilities
(include but are not limited to):
- Represent and advocate for the IT application and platform needs of the Quality Assurance, Regulatory Affairs and Clinical Operations organizations within COMPASS, as well as maintain the application portfolio for these organizations
- Create the strategy for, build and lead a team of IT Business Systems Analysts as needed and as the firm grows
- Track and manage all business-driven IT projects and initiatives through a project portfolio and other appropriate management tools
- Work with the business process owners to develop project plans to identify resources and establish reasonable target delivery dates, and coordinate these to ensure that projects are delivered on time and within budget
- Develop and maintain the budget for all business systems and applications in their purview
- Partner with business process owners to define and facilitate the implementation of the solution through pilots, user acceptance testing and end user training
- Work with external parties when necessary to analyze, define and document data and information flows impacting clinical operations and data management
- Work in concert with the user community to actively manage and optimize solutions through their lifecycle
- Manage product selection processes, oversee contracting and negotiations, and manage product vendors
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related field and considerable experience in Biotech/Pharma
- Solid Project and Time Management skills—will be called upon to lead a project team in the absence of a Project Manager
- Knowledge of and experience with GxP Software Validation, applicable FDA regulations and ICH guidelines
- Knowledge of and experience with at least 2 of the following is required - content management, quality systems, submission management, clinical or safety solutions
- Ability to create compelling business cases with accurate cost and effort estimations
- Ability to work well and partner with a wide range of team members: technical, business subject matter experts and stakeholders, especially under stress and with changing priorities
- Experience in managing external SaaS vendors through selection, contract negotiation, implementation and ongoing maintenance/support
- Strong understanding of basic system engineering and data and information modeling, data and process mapping
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment where results are achieved through influence and the incorporation of multiple points of view
- Excellent organizational skills, sufficient to multi-task in an extremely fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Some experience in ITIL and ITSM processes preferred
- Previous experience in rapidly growing organizations is preferred
- PC Tools skills: MS Project, MS Visio/Flow Charting, MS Office
Benefits & Compensation:
For an overview of our benefits package and compensation information, please visit "Working at COMPASS".
Please note that the base salary range is a guideline, and individual total compensation will vary based on factors such as qualifications, skill level, competencies, and work location.
Base pay is one part of the Total Package that is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their work and any role at COMPASS, regardless of the location, is eligible for additional discretionary bonuses and equity.
We are proud of our commitment to diversity and equality (pursuant to the Equality Act 2010). We do not discriminate based upon race, religion or belief, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, age or disability.
COMPASS Pathways is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military service, genetic information, familial or marital status, or any other status, category, or characteristic protected by applicable law.