Community Manager, NYC
Chief is changing the face of leadership. Our mission: build the most powerful network focused on connecting and supporting women leaders. Our members are VP and C-level executives across every industry who are leading their companies today and building a more equitable tomorrow. Chief was recently recognized as one of Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies of 2021, and you can read more about us in Forbes or watch us on the Today Show.
Launched in early 2019, Chief is a Series B stage start-up backed by General Catalyst, Inspired Capital, Primary Ventures, CapitalG, and other top-tier investors. The Chief network includes 12,000+ members from across the United States and United Kingdom. We are headquartered in New York City with additional Flagship spaces in Los Angeles, Chicago, San Francisco, and London.
We are tech-powered. Our members make meaningful connections, engage in compelling discussions, and view our unique content through our digital platform. Our Product and Technology teams are building the future of that platform, with data and insights at its heart.
About the Role:
The Community Manager - Clubhouse is a member-facing role instrumental in facilitating member relationship building and connection in their market. This role is expected to gain a deep understanding of local needs, identify gaps and opportunities, and develop strategies, in co-creation with members, for engaging the local community. This role reports directly to a Senior Community Manager.
What You’ll Do:
- Analyze data and qualitative insights to deeply understand the local community and develop and evolve an ongoing community engagement strategy
- Partner with members to organize and galvanize their local community via regular in person community events at the Clubhouse
- Keep your finger on the pulse on member-led events to identify opportunities to proactively support
- Build and maintain relationships with local members to remain abreast of member feedback, ideas, and opportunities to collaborate
- Collaborate cross functionally with various teams, including: local operations, events production & programming, partnerships, and marketing to deliver on community engagement strategies
- Leverage the digital platform to drive local community
- Manage and track budget
- Responsible for KPIs including member engagement, satisfaction and retention
What you’ve done and enjoy doing:
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, with strong project management skills and the ability to prioritize and multitask
- Strong event and project and budget management expertise with experience running events from ideation through execution
- Ongoing, professional, and proactive communication with executive women (SVP-CSuite)
- Creative thinker and problem solver—always looking beyond the available options when up against roadblocks and unafraid to negotiate
- Strong experiential acumen—you know how to create and produce thoughtful, engaging events that deliver against strategic objectives and are tailored for the intended audience
- Strong communication skills and ability to cross-functionally collaborate to execute projects, including with those who may be remote
- You remain calm under pressure while having a great in person presence
- Work with a "no task too big, no task too small” attitude
- Experience learning and navigating within a high-growth and fast paced environment
- Able to physically stand, bend, squat, and lift up to 40 lbs
Why You'll Want to Work Here:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Flexible vacation policy and 4.5 day work weeks
- 20 weeks of paid gender neutral parental leave
- Full medical, dental, and vision packages, 401(k)
- Opportunity to work for a startup focused on driving real change for women in business
- Opportunity to create and attend inspiring experiences and events with leaders of the industry
- Access to our ongoing virtual Chief member exclusive content, including workshops, thought leadership, and iconic speakers
- Wellness, Work from home and Learning Stipends available
While we’re committed to remaining compliant and adhering to mandates, for us, pay transparency is more than a consideration of what’s lawful and unlawful but rather, an opportunity to disclose what’s required, and what we think is a fair and equitable compensation framework.
At Chief, we want to hire, develop, and retain the best talent, making Chief a top destination to accelerate your career. Our compensation framework is a key part of our vision, and we continually revisit and invest in our philosophy and framework to ensure we remain competitive and relevant, on a quest to achieve our vision.
The pay transparency mandates, as well as our own policies and practices, are a means of narrowing the gender pay gap and fostering an engaged and positive working environment that builds trust, on our mission to change the face of leadership.
The base salary for this role is: $110,000
Chief participates in the E-Verify Program in certain locations, as required by law.