Chief is changing the face of leadership. Our mission: build the most powerful network focused on connecting and supporting women leaders. Our members are VP and C-level executives across every industry who are leading their companies today and building a more equitable tomorrow. Chief was recently recognized as one of Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies of 2021, and you can read more about us in Forbes or watch us on the Today Show.
Launched in early 2019, Chief is a Series B stage start-up backed by General Catalyst, Inspired Capital, Primary Ventures, CapitalG, and other top-tier investors. The Chief network includes 12,000+ members from across the United States and United Kingdom. We are headquartered in New York City with additional Flagship spaces in Los Angeles, Chicago, San Francisco, and London.
We are tech-powered. Our members make meaningful connections, engage in compelling discussions, and view our unique content through our digital platform. Our Product and Technology teams are building the future of that platform, with data and insights at its heart.
About the Role:
The Barista/Bartender’s primary goal is to serve members in a warm, accommodating, professional manner. This team member must provide a consistent level of service that meets the company standards and exceeds the expectations of the members. The Bartender/Barista must ultimately uphold the values and mission statement of the Company while performing positional responsibilities and adhering to operational standards.
What You’ll Do:
- Prepare and serve all beverages to Members including specialty coffees, cocktails, wine and Non-Alcoholic Beverages.
- Provide the highest quality of service and beverages to all members
- Perform daily, weekly and monthly side work as indicated
- Conduct weekly inventory of all products relating to the bar
- Oversee maintenance/cleanliness of all bar areas including all storage areas pertaining to the beverage team’s department
- Maintain knowledge of beverage descriptions and offerings
- Program POS system with menu items, enter daily counts and run weekly reports
- Place daily orders for clubhouse food offerings and maintain cost and waste sheets
- Assist all members with their ordering needs
- Continuously improve standards and processes by participating in improvement projects or problem-solving teams.
- Implement necessary actions to increase profitability
What You’ve Done and Enjoy Doing:
- Working in a fast-paced environment with an emphasis on time management
- Having creative control to help create and expand the F&B offerings
- Working with colleagues with a team-first attitude and solving problems collaboratively.
- Being given the opportunity to grow within my position and allowed permission to ask questions, experiment, and learn something new every day.
- Developing beverage recipes in a collaborative environment
- Providing guests with personalized attention and creating connections
Why You'll Want to Work Here:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- 20 weeks of paid gender neutral parental leave
- Full medical, dental, and vision packages, 401(k)
- Opportunity to work for a startup focused on driving real change for women in business
- Opportunity to create and attend inspiring experiences and events with leaders of the industry
- Access to our ongoing virtual Chief member exclusive content, including workshops, thought leadership, and iconic speakers
- Wellness and Learning Stipends available
While we’re committed to remaining compliant and adhering to mandates, for us, pay transparency is more than a consideration of what’s lawful and unlawful but rather, an opportunity to disclose what’s required, and what we think is a fair and equitable compensation framework.
At Chief, we want to hire, develop, and retain the best talent, making Chief a top destination to accelerate your career. Our compensation framework is a key part of our vision, and we continually revisit and invest in our philosophy and framework to ensure we remain competitive and relevant, on a quest to achieve our vision.
The pay transparency mandates, as well as our own policies and practices, are a means of narrowing the gender pay gap and fostering an engaged and positive working environment that builds trust, on our mission to change the face of leadership.
The hourly compensation for this role is: $35.00/hr
Chief participates in the E-Verify Program in certain locations, as required by law.