Chief is changing the face of leadership. Our mission: build the most powerful network focused on connecting and supporting women leaders. Our members are VP and C-level executives across every industry who are leading their companies today and building a more equitable tomorrow. Chief was recently recognized as one of Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies of 2021, and you can read more about us in Forbes or watch us on the Today Show.
Launched in early 2019, Chief is a Series B stage start-up backed by General Catalyst, Inspired Capital, Primary Ventures, CapitalG, and other top-tier investors. The Chief network includes 12,000+ members from across the United States and United Kingdom. We are headquartered in New York City with additional Flagship spaces in Los Angeles, Chicago, San Francisco, and London.
We are tech-powered. Our members make meaningful connections, engage in compelling discussions, and view our unique content through our digital platform. Our Product and Technology teams are building the future of that platform, with data and insights at its heart.
About the Role:
We are seeking a Senior Accountant to join the Finance team under the Controllership organization. This role will report into the Senior Revenue Accounting Manager and will continue to grow our Finance function. You will work on all aspects of revenue accounting for Chief’s B2C and B2B businesses and new verticals, including month-end close processes and policy updates. You will work with internal and external stakeholders to understand and communicate accounting treatment and support Chief’s growth. This is an exciting opportunity to implement processes and best practices for a high-growth and mission-driven company.
The ideal candidate will have US GAAP accounting experience, specifically, experience with revenue recognition under the principles of ASC 606. Experience in the technology industry is a plus.This person is a self-starter who is organized, highly analytical, collaborative and a problem solver.
- Lead parts of the revenue accounting close processes, driving timely and accurate reporting of revenue on a monthly basis
- Understand revenue accounting and recognition criteria for the Company’s current product offerings, as well as implications for new verticals
- Challenge the “status quo” by supporting process improvements to improve efficiency and accuracy of monthly KPIs and financials
- Support Billing Operations to ensure accuracy of invoicing to our members and resolve any discrepancies
- Identify process improvements and assist in automation efforts within the team and business partners to drive efficiency initiatives within the order-to-cash cycle
- Clearly and completely document all processes and procedures
- Assist with the year-end financial statement audit to ensure a smooth and timely process
What We’re Looking For:
- Relevant accounting and operations experience, including experience with technology, SaaS, or membership business models
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, specifically the principles of ASC 606, Revenue from Contracts with Customers
- Experience with Netsuite, Chargebee, and Salesforce is a plus
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proven organizational and critical thinking skills, with a high attention to detail and a strong personal commitment to meeting deadlines
- Passion for the Company’s mission, positioning and brand -- to empower women in business and spark change from the top
- BA/BS in Accounting
Why You'll Want to Work Here:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Flexible vacation policy and 4.5 day work weeks
- 20 weeks of paid gender neutral parental leave
- Full medical, dental, and vision packages, 401(k)
- Opportunity to work for a startup focused on driving real change for women in business
- Opportunity to create and attend inspiring experiences and events with leaders of the industry
- Access to our ongoing virtual Chief member exclusive content, including workshops, thought leadership, and iconic speakers
- Wellness, Work from home and Learning Stipends available
While we’re committed to remaining compliant and adhering to mandates, for us, pay transparency is more than a consideration of what’s lawful and unlawful but rather, an opportunity to disclose what’s required, and what we think is a fair and equitable compensation framework.
At Chief, we want to hire, develop, and retain the best talent, making Chief a top destination to accelerate your career. Our compensation framework is a key part of our vision, and we continually revisit and invest in our philosophy and framework to ensure we remain competitive and relevant, on a quest to achieve our vision.
The pay transparency mandates, as well as our own policies and practices, are a means of narrowing the gender pay gap and fostering an engaged and positive working environment that builds trust, on our mission to change the face of leadership.
The base salary for this role is: $100,000