Chief is changing the face of leadership. Our mission: build the most powerful network focused on connecting and supporting women leaders. Our members are VP and C-level executives across every industry who are leading their companies today and building a more equitable tomorrow. Chief was recently recognized as one of Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies of 2021, and you can read more about us in Forbes or watch us on The Today Show.
Launched in early 2019, Chief is a Series A stage start-up backed by General Catalyst, Inspired Capital, Primary Ventures, and other top-tier investors. The Chief network includes thousands of members from across the United States. We are headquartered in New York City with additional Flagship spaces in Los Angeles, Chicago, and, soon, San Francisco.
We are tech-powered. Our members make meaningful connections, engage in compelling discussions, and view our unique content through our digital platform. Our Product and Technology teams are building the future of that platform, with data and insights at its heart.
About the Role:
The Clubhouse Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operations of our New York City Flagship as well as its Food and Beverage program, and will provide support for our in-person events. This individual will model and exemplify hospitality excellence at all times while making sure the clubhouse is running smoothly and that there is a high level of member satisfaction. Attention to detail, a passion for excellence, exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to manage for results are critical for an individual to enjoy ongoing success in this position.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage day-to-day operations of the clubhouse, ensuring quality standards and member expectations are met
- Manage and develop clubhouse team; both FOH and BOH
- Own all facets of clubhouse operating spend, including budgeting and forecasting
- Manage and develop clubhouse operating expenses to maintain budget
- Manage all aspects of the food and beverage programs
- Oversee all Clubhouse health and safety protocols
- Execute Clubhouse events; including equipment rental, staffing, BEO’s, F&B in direct communication with the events team
- Evaluate data to determine the effectiveness of existing processes and report key metrics and trends to leadership
- Provide insight and recommendations to leadership in developing, implementing, and evaluating new or modified member operating policies, practices, and procedures
- Execute training plans and SOPs
- Create local ops job descriptions and assist in hiring the right personnel for local operations
- Oversee all facilities management and third-party vendors
- Responsible for scheduling, tracking off time requests, and payroll
What You’ve Done and Enjoy Doing:
- Diverse hospitality background
- Knowledge of F&B
- Ability to be in the clubhouse 5 days/week; flexibility with schedule, as it may shift or change to support events at the clubhouse
- Project management experience — ability to deliver consistently across deadlines
- Ability to develop strong relationships with external vendors, partnerships, and members
- Experience managing large teams
- A proactive self-starter mentality and comfort working in a fast-paced environment
- Passion for Chief’s mission, positioning, and brand — to empower women in business and spark change from the top
Why You'll Want to Work Here:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Full medical, dental, and vision packages, 401(k)
- Experience as an early member of a startup team with exciting early traction
- Opportunity to work for a startup focused on driving real change for women in business
- Opportunity to create and attend inspiring experiences and events with leaders of the industry
- Access to our ongoing virtual Chief member exclusive content, including workshops, thought leadership, and iconic speakers
- Wellness, Work from home and Learning Stipends
While we’re committed to remaining compliant and adhering to mandates, for us, pay transparency is more than a consideration of what’s lawful and unlawful but rather, an opportunity to disclose what’s required, and what we think is a fair and equitable compensation framework.
At Chief, we want to hire, develop, and retain the best talent, making Chief a top destination to accelerate your career. Our compensation framework is a key part of our vision, and we continually revisit and invest in our philosophy and framework to ensure we remain competitive and relevant, on a quest to achieve our vision.
The pay transparency mandates, as well as our own policies and practices, are a means of narrowing the gender pay gap and fostering an engaged and positive working environment that builds trust, on our mission to change the face of leadership.
The base salary for this role is: $115,000.
Something looks off?