Program Director - Illinois
Join Cartwheel to help tackle the student mental health crisis.
Kids spend most of their days in the classroom. And teachers and staff, who play a vital role in their development, are often the first to notice when something is off. But with 1 in 5 young people struggling with mental health, schools are getting crushed by a downward spiral in student crises and staff burnout.
With large increases in federal funding for schools and the rise of telehealth, schools are reimagining what mental health support can look like.
Cartwheel is an early-stage company building a new kind of mental health program that puts schools at the center. We see our role as supporting on-campus counselors, psychologists, and school social workers who see kids every single day. Instead of going around them, we collaborate with them. This means:
- Earlier intervention
- Higher student and family engagement in care
- Better coordination among the trusted adults in a student’s life
Kids shouldn't just aspire to get out of bed and drag themselves to class. They should be able to experience joy. They deserve to envision and build a life they’re excited to live. If you join Cartwheel, you’ll help make this vision a reality for students across the country.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Role type: Full-time
Location: Up to 100% remote
Start date: Summer 2023
What you'll do:
- Serve as the day-to-day trusted partner for school districts in Illinois. Work directly with our CEO, COO, and Medical Director to develop a deep understanding of each of our partner districts’ needs and develop collaborative, lasting relationships with school leadership, staff, students, and families.
- Manage your own team of 10-20 licensed therapists and care coordinators to deliver excellent care to students and ensure school staff have an excellent experience collaborating with Cartwheel.
- Work with other Program Directors to manage the case assignment process, facilitate clinical group supervision, and provide case consultations to our own clinicians and school-based staff.
- Lead district leadership meetings in partnership with Cartwheel’s COO and Medical Director to discuss student mental health needs and develop strategies to improve the district’s broader mental health program
- Promote a collaborative, team-oriented culture within your team and the broader Cartwheel organization.
- Help our CEO and Medical Director recruit new clinicians to Cartwheel’s team
- Provide evidence-based therapy, including mental health assessments and teletherapy, to moderate caseload of students.
WHO YOU ARE
- Experience working with kids and teens in a school setting in Illinois
- Experience managing a team of clinicians or school staff, including direct supervision and/or project management
- Active, independent license in Illinois to deliver mental health care (LCSW, LCPC, LMFT, or PhD/PsyD)
- Desire to work with a small, entrepreneurial team to build a new program
- Excellent organization, communication, and teamwork skills
- Passion working with schools on mental health issues
- Experience with CBT, DBT, ACT, solution-focused therapy, and/or motivational interviewing
- Fluency in other languages (e.g., Spanish, Portuguese)
- Experience developing and delivering skill-building workshops for parents and families on mental health topics
- Willingness to work evenings occasionally (e.g., for a parent workshop)
- Willingness to visit schools and meet with staff in person occasionally
The above is a summary of the role, not an exhaustive list. If you think that you have most of the above but not everything, please apply. We'd love to hear from you.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE CARTWHEEL
At Cartwheel, you’ll find an unmatched provider experience and enormous professional growth opportunity.
- Team-based culture with mission-driven colleagues who will go to bat for you
- Flexible and up to 100% remote role
- Competitive cash compensation
- Excellent health insurance
- Flexible paid time off
- Equity ownership stake in the company
- Administrative support from our experienced, full-time Care Coordinators
- Leadership role in fast-growing company
Cartwheel is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diverse backgrounds and perspectives and an inclusive work environment. We're committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability status, or veteran status.
Something looks off?